Chapter Forty Two

Bella's POV

Day Eight: Kiss Her Like Its A Job.

Background hit: Don't Say You Love Me by Fifth Harmony.

Quote: Sometimes I feel like giving up, then I remember I have a lot of mother fuckers to prove wrong.

"Ladies and gentlemen, that's a wrap for day eight and see you tomorrow. Have a safe journey back home," the usual lady ended the discussion and I heaved a deep sigh, turning to Caden.

"Let's go?" I asked.

"Sure." he replied and we both stood up, exhausted from over three hours of endless sitting.

"I think my butt fell asleep," Caden said as he opened the car and we got in.

"I forgot my butt on that seat. Gosh! I feel so tired," I yawned and strapped the seatbelt across my shoulder.

"Me too. Anyways, it's just home now," he sighed and drove out of the hotel.

                                  °°°°°°°°°°°°°
I yawned, waking up from my abnormally long nap that left me with huge zombie eyes and a pair of swollen lips. My hair looked like it got into a fight with a raccoon and my lips were as chapped as anything!

I scratched my nose and stretched tiredly, sitting up on the bed and looking around.

Mask party by ten...

I remembered Banks saying something to me while I was asleep but all I could get out of it was mask party by ten.

Just in time, Banks walked into the room with her tablet in her hands.

"Ma'am, the - "

"What mask party?" I asked, interrupting her and standing up from the bed.

"Um, there's going to be a mask party by ten at a a hotel away from town and it's just an annual celebration. Not too formal, and neither popping," she stated accurately.

"I see. And, was Caden invited?" I asked.

"I don't know, ma'am," she shook her head slowly.

"Well okay. You'll be getting me ready in that case and you'll escort me to that party," I informed and left her in the room, closing the door behind me.

I knocked at Caden's door.

He yelled a "come in!" And I walked in immediately.

"Are you busy tonight?" I asked, looking around at all the files.

"Yeah. Sort of," he nodded.

"I'll be leaving for this event by ten and before you go overboard, its something unrelated to Xander. Just said to let you know." I smiled and closed the door, not giving him even the slightest opportunity to talk back.

                              °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"OH. MY. GOD! Mercedes!  You look really ravishing!" One of Mercedes's friend complimented as  a group hovered around me.

"Thank you," I smiled.

It was a nice party with masked faces all around. Pretty outfits and matching masks.

Banks fitted me to a red silk flowing gown, black ankle straps and a pretty black mask, lined with shiny diamonds. A red necklace dangled down my ear and my makeup was heavier than expected, given a mask party. A beautiful layered pearl necklace stood ravishingly on my neck, covering my bare chest.