Chapter Thirty Eight

Caden's POV

Day four: Woman, prepare the meals.

Background hit: Lucid dreams by Juice WRLD.

Quote: Just because you don't tell me doesn't mean I won't find out.

I stood up stretching as I smacked the alarm clock and got up from the bed. My eyes were really heavy and my body felt so tired, like I ran a Marathon asleep. I had a stinging pain in my back and my head was hurting so much. I didn't know why.

Tiredly, I walked to the closet and picked out an outfit and then went to have a quick shower.

I put on the clothes, did my hair, applied the Cologne and enjoyed my look. Hypnotic.

Impatiently, I grabbed the pack of drugs from a cupboard and grabbed a glass of water from the dispenser. I took the drugs in and with a huge gulped, finished the water.

Adrian sent a message, inviting me to a party at the hall.

Ugh! He was supposed to be at work!

I dropped the phone in my pocket and walked out the door, just in time to catch up with little miss wifey.

"Caden!" she yelped.

"Mercedes," I smiled.

"I wanted to say that - " we both chorused.

"I wanted to tell you that - " we did it again.

"You go first," We repeated.

"Okay, I'll go first. Let's try putting operation 'make both our lives less than a living hell' on a go, alright?" she asked.

"You don't need to ask me twice," I shrugged with a smile.

"What were you going to say?"

"Nothing. Just forget it,"

We walked down the stairs and headed for a nice breakfast.

°°°°°°°°°°°°

It was unusually quiet at the hotel. We walked down to the conference room and took our normal seats at the back row, making little noises as we both struggled to go first.

"Same lady," Mercedes pointed as she whined her seat, slacking it behind.

"I do the resting here!" I hissed and placed my legs on the next row of seats, not concentrated in whatever she was yammering about.

"Caden, help me pass that orphan blue pamphlet," she whispered, pointing to a piece of paper beside me.

It was light blue.

"This? Its light blue," I corrected.

"No. That's clearly orphan blue. Can you not see clearly?" she pointed to the pamphlet once again, and then looked at me in disbelief.

"Are you being serious? Okay, what the fuck is orphan blue? This pamphlet is light blue," I argued.

"You are so impossible. Just pass the orphan blue pamphlet," she hissed, rolling her eyes.

"Say it's light blue first," I ordered.

"Say? Wha? I'm not going to say that! Pass me the pamphlet!" she yelled.

"Then no pamphlet for you," I shrugged with a smirk.

She curled her lip and then blew out her cheeks, folding her arms angrily.

"Day four, ladies and gentlemen. Woman, prepare the meals," The lady announced.

I smirked. Chuckled. And then laughed.