chapter 58

Emily huffed from beside me "There was no need for her to be that dramatic about it..." Before something that looked like a portal appeared before us. It looked like a shimmering golden curtain with stars and glitter weaved into it. I honestly did not want to go anywhere near it but I had a feeling like we had to . Emily placed the book on the ground along with a hourglass which she turned upside down. "Okay we have an hour , lets not waste a moment." She ordered before walking towards the veil of gold and disappearing through it.

I was still holding onto Maddox and i could feel his had tighten around my own. With a glance to Alaric and Amity my hope was still no further restored. Both of them sent me a shrug before slowly walking towards the veil portal thing. Alaric stopped before he reached it and stuck his hand through the golden wall. His hand vanished before my eyes , he seemed to grow a bit more confident but his face held a sudden look of horror when he was suddenly pulled through. There was no doubt in my mind that it was Emily who pulled him through...okay there was a little bit of paranoia of it not being Emily but oh well , the most logical explanation is that it's her

Amity rolled her eyes and carefully followed after him , I had a feeling she would step into a building if it was burning for Alaric. I could imagine her just huffing and following after him , complaining the whole time, but is there for him either way. I turned to my side where Maddox stood, he was biting his lip and playing with the charms on his bracelet. "are you sure you want to do this? you could stay here if you want?" I offered him, I needed to make sure that he knew that option was always possible.

He looked at me as thought i had grown two heads before looking down and over to the sleeping Alviva "Yeah...no I am totally coming with you, I'm not staying here with her." He answered with a stern yet playful voice. I had a feeling that he always sounded childish and playful, if not always happy. It is rare for Maddox to have a serious or non-excitable tone. Our hands were interlocked as we both walked towards the veil together.

I felt a cooling sensation as i walked through, it was as though i had walked through a very thin waterfall. Though the coolness from the water never when away, when I looked around I noticed why. It was actually cold in the room that we were in. Looking around I saw three very impatient looking people, also known as Emily, Amity and Alaric. Looking past that however I could see that we were in a rather large and rather fancy house. It was rather ....unimpressive for those in modern times but depending on the time period we are in it could have been a castle. Whilst walking over to our three impatient friends i noticed that it wasn't just us five in the room. There was a little girl in the room also.

She had short black hair which was tied with a ribbon and her eyes were focused on a small yet delicately made doll in her hands. She was pale and she wore a gorgeous emerald dress that seemed to have cost an arm and a leg. There was no doubt in my mind that this was Alviva, I didn't need to see her gray eyes or hear her voice. I had also noticed the various flower vases around the room. It seemed to be her bedroom. There was a single bed in the canter and several pieces of furniture strewn around the room.

Though Alviva was sat on the floor with a seemingly handcrafted doll, rather silently and innocently There was negativity in the air. I'm not sure what it was about the room but it just felt wrong. "Awe she's cute!" Amity squealed a little bit which caused me to scoff a little bit . I'm not sure if 'cute' was the right word to describe her.

Before I could say anything a man came into the room . He was rather old and balding , he seemed to have a limp as he walked but that didn't stop his polite smile from shining through what seemed to be a lot of pain. "Mistress Alviva. Your parents are waiting for you downstairs, they have asked for your immediate attendance." You could almost feel the fear that radiated off him, it made me wonder what on earth had happened before this? why was this man so afraid of a little girl? but then i remembered that I knew very little of what Alviva was like as a child.

"That's wilfred...Mother used to speak about him all the time, she used to rant about how annoying and useless he was..." Amity trailed off with a sense if disapproval and sympathy. Perhaps she had a different view of this man considering Alviva would be the one who had told her the story . Maybe this wasn't what she envisioned Wilfred to be like. Though he seemed to be very polite and respectful. I had assumed that Alviva was somehow high class in one place or another. She radiated an air of royalty or importance. Which drew a lot of attention.

"Most witches at this time were treated this way, they were respected and well looked after." Emily started to explain to us as we watched young Alviva ignore the pleads and messages presented to her by Wilfred. "Alviva seemed to have grown up at a splendid time for witchcraft and magic use. I was honestly hoping that this would lead us to the reason why she acts the way she does ...but i seem to have been mistaken." As Emily finished her sentence apparently Alviva had reached the end of her rope.

Alviva stood up and span around , hitting Wilfred right in the head with the doll that she was holding. I could see her eyes much better now and they had not changed a single bit from this moment to when she was tied up in our time. They were almost identical looks of rage and fury. "How dare you tell me what to do!" She ointe dher hand in his direction and he started to groan in pain and hold his chest. Emily gasped in orror and Maddox held onto me tighter, it was a very uncomfortable thign to witness. "Do you know who I am?! I am Alviva and i will be one of the most powerful witches to exist. The whole world will bow to me and if they do not submit then I will make them." The fury and menance laced in her words felt like knives being sent through my body.

Poor Wilfred was on the floor by now, though we didn't get to watch much else as suddenly we were back in the room. Emily turned to us , Maddox and I , in sadness. She choked out an "I'm so so sorry." before her eyes averted away from us and back to the hourglass on the floor.