chapter 14

A/N i'm just gonna keeps aying that there will be some spelling mistakes whenever maddox types! poor boy had a long day he's tired so his typing isn't the best

I practically skipped from my car to my house that night, I was just too happy. Maddox and I had a date! I still didn't know if we were taking things too fast but I was still ecstatic. My crush of two weeks went on a date with me! and He was the one to imply that it was a date and he didn't deny it! Even better he asked when we would go on another one. I was feeling better then I had in a long time and I just couldn't help the grin on my face from being there the rest of the evening.

I did message Maddox when I got home, I told him that I got home safely and that I really enjoyed the day. My heart practically leapt out of my chest and did a little dance when I got practically an essay of a reply.

Chester, I'm glad that you got home safely! I just wanted to thank you again for taking me out today. I don't usually go out with friends very often, even though of course i'm old enough.not a lot of people like to hang out with me as you have probably guessed already and those who did used to hang out with me have all grown up and got married and I just feel kind of lonely sometimes. What i'm trying t say is that you're amazing and thank yous o much again for taking me out today . I really like you and value you as a friend. I now that I jokingly asked if it was a date but due to your reply I realized I did want ti to tbe a date. you are kind and caring and I just want to get to know you better. Thank you Chester , sending love light and happiness Goodnight x -M

I practically squealed as I fell onto my bed with all of my worries taken away. It was like last night except I didn't have to worry about the outcome of our date. I basked in my own happiness that came from having came back from a fantastic and romantic date and my crush admitting that he wants to date me! ....I should calm down I'm getting repetitive and I sound like a teenage girl, not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just very uncharacteristic of me. My sleep was fantastic that night and I hadn't stopped dancing in the morning. I had hopes that this time I was gonna make it, it was all going to be good. There was a voice in the back of my mind telling me it won't last but I ignored it.

When I got to uni I didn't head straight to class Like I normally do, instead I went to where I usually drop Maddox off, I saw him sat ont eh seat on the phone, I assume he's talking to his mother, he told me that when he's alone at uni he phones her just incase anything happens so that she could help and keep him company. I found the fact that he relied on others cute but he did have a lot more independence then it would seem at first glance.

"Mom i'm gonna go, no he's not here it's chester, I dont' know what he's doing here mom bye, love you!" he hung up before turning to me with a smile "hi! sorry bout that , you know...mom" I chuckled and nodded before leaning on the wall next to his chair "it's alright Maddox good afternoon, you are here rather early? I stated like a question, I honestly did not know that he was already going to be here. "oh well, the taxi came real early as it sometimes likes to do." he looked down a bit awkwardly. He wasn't too used to the university yet so being here alone must be quite unnerving. Well it's a good thing I came here.

"well can I stay with you until we have to go to class?" I think I knew the answer to the question before I asked it but regardless I thought that it was polite to ask. "No I mean yes you can stay! but...there isnt' another chair ..." I shook my head and crossed my arms "It's okay Maddox , i'm fine here besides" I started before I picked up his bag and put it on my shoulder "there is no way you are getting out of me carrying your bag." He was going to protest but he knew it was useless so he just gave me another shy smile.

We weren't there for long before luke came. We exchanged polite conversation before we headed into class. Maddox had told me that our proposal got accepted which i'm sure was a weight off all our shoulders. The class was boring as all we did was go through how to structure a paper , again... there are some subjects that are so repetitive n university. Even those who do it for the first time, it being university, get bored and know it off by heart.

We had said goodbye to luke outside fo the classroom, this time holding hands with Maddox had a different feeling, there was a different emotion between us. Usually I would hold his hand to guide him and perhaps pull him away from any danger or people or dangerous people who aren't paying attention and are just about to walk into him. This time it felt as though the touch meant something , our fingers were interlocked and we didn't care who saw. That's one of the things that I have grown to like about this century, people are a lot more accepting. The electric charge between our hands was still there despite holding hands yesterday and the butterflies were still in my stomach .

We had went back to our room, which Maddox named it our room considering there seemed to be not another soul who enters the place. I had went on the computer as I usually do and put on the same kind of music that I had on Tuesday , but this time I put on the band that Maddox had went to see , his humming was happy and cheerful as he enjoyed eating his lunch, I had brought my own lunch today so that we didn't need to go downstairs.

The seminar was rather boring as we just looked through an example of a paper and talked about it. Luke had his headphones in again so me and Maddox just talked about nothing, Well of course we did the work but that was simple so we had time to talk about nothing. He told me about the exams that he had done in his school and the papers he has written.

The day was normal but it was a different normal then what it was normally, it was like light had suddenly arrived in my life . I tried not to treasure it because I had felt this way before, many times before but hope was still clinging to me, the hope that Maddox felt a certain way about me and therefore the curse will be lifted. Alviva said that no one will ever love me because I didn't love her, but if someone does love me regardless of the obstacles I take it that the curse would be lifted. Of course that woman didn't outright tell me that it would be lifted like that. It is just logical.

When Maddox and I got back to where he gets picked up I let him sit down and I held his bag just like this morning , except we were both a little bit more tired and the sky was darker. I was watching him closely and I saw a blush spread across his face. "what is it? are you feeling okay?" I asked him I didn't know if it was a blush or a flush but I really hoped that it wasn't a flush. "yeah I-I'm fine...Chester?" Maddox looked at me seriously , well he looked up at me , it was somewhat like a puppy looking at his owner , very innocent and hopeful "Yes Maddox?" I asked back seriously, hoping that It wasn't anything bad.

"Can we have our second date tomorrow please?"