chapter 43

"Okay so is there a way to account for those with a poor memory?" Maddox asked as we were trying to figure out what methods we should use exactly for our projects. We were going to give the participants either a text or some audio to listen to and then allow them to write down or tell us what they remembered from the text or recording.

"Hmph perhaps we should do a memory test to begin with? something simple and easy to understand." I tried to present my reasoning and I think everything was going pretty well. We had no arguments or disagreements, for the first time in a long time i felt like just another university student.

"Oh I have a really bad memory, I would fail this test for sure." Amity...joked with us or more specifically luke, she was very evident in her crush towards him. I honestly really wanted to ask her about Alaric as they claimed to be dating . I seemingly was not the only one though. Unfortunately Luke wasn't the happiest person at the table, he started off rather happy and cheerful but as Amity's flirting went on and on his smile turned into a frown.

"I mean you would know all about poor memories wouldn't you amity?" Alaric said with clenched teeth and angry eyes, considering that amity was next to him she didn't really notice the expression on his face until she looked directly at him . When she saw his expression her eyes widened as she innocently responded with "Um excuse me? I don't know..." but she was quickly interrupted by Alaric standing up and walking away a little bit . Considering the time we were lucky that this floor was vacant .

"Damit amity!"Luke started to pace the room and run his hand through his hair , i saw some frost coming off the bottom of his shoes. In an attempt to calm him down i stood up and tried to place my hand on his shoulder "Luke please just calm-" he jumped away from me and shook his head wildly.

"No! Amity Opal Lootisedale I am sick and tired of this! "My eyes widened in shock at his sudden outburst and carelessness, i didn't even know that was her last name . Of course Alaric would know Amity's full name however Luke had a fat chance of knowing Amity's changed name that she used in class, nevermind her birth name. I was cursing him out in my head and rubbing my forehead in frustration whilst Maddox just silently watched with wide eyes.

"How do you?" Amity struggled to get words out of her mouth, once again looking like a fish asking for air . Though this time her eyes were narrowed and there was a hostile tone to her voice. Amity looked between myself and Alaric which caused me to shrug my shoulders and put my hands up in defence. I was not going to suffer because Alaric had an emotional outburst...well anymore then i'm already going to suffer, I don't think that Amity will be the happiest when she finds out that me and Alaric have been working behind her back , or that I didn't tell her that....you know luke was Alaric that was her childhood best friend.

"It's me!" Alaric almost screamed at the top of his lungs as his hair started to get lighter and he became the Alaric that we have all gotten used to, it was strange to watch this transformation, I don't think that i'm ever going to get used to seeing him change appearances . Amity gasped and placed both hands over her mouth, With wide eyes she stuttered "A-Al I don't understand..."Her voice sounded vulnerable, she was still in shock but the glare had vanished from her eyes as her hands fell limply to her side.

"No amity that's it you don't understand your mother! ugh...look you're right you don't understand and I don't completely understand either but listen to me- we need to help them." Alaric grew from frustrated and angry to desperate and caring. At the end of his sentence he gestured to Maddox and myself. By this time I had sat next to Maddox and wrapped my arm around him, I had supposed that there was no need to pretend to fight anymore. Maddox had his face ibn my chest as we watched the conversation silently. Alaric's outburst was unexpected, Maddox was shaking slightly because of it. It didn't take me long into our first date to realize that Maddox was not fond of sudden loud noises, he explained that it was because it was extremely sudden as eh can't see where the noise is coming from or what caused the noise to happen.

"W-what why? do you understand what he's stolen from me ?! my mother-" Anger started to build up in her voice again as she pointed directly at me, nearly hitting me in the face I might add. She stomped her foot like a five year old and I felt like I was intruding on a conversation between the two. It felt as though they had forgotten we were here if not for the references and pointing in our direction.

"Your mother is a witch who would curse her daughters best friend, Am, even if you had her love, what good would come from it? she cared for no-one but herself even if Chester's out of the picture it doesn't mean that she'll love you." Alaric had cupped Amity's face as they stared into eachother's eyes, that caused me to look away and face Maddox. Honestly with this out in the open and Alaric seemingly convincing Amity to help us , I could see freedom in our future.

"That...is true, I suppose." Amtiy had placed her hands over Alaric's as they smiled at each other. They shared smiles before somewhat coming to their senses. It seemed as though a switch had been flicked as they frowned and stepped back from each other. They spent a moment standing next to each other before slowly returning to their seats.

After a few very silent moments, Alaric decided to speak up again "Amity is there something you need to say to Maddox and chester?" he sounded like a parent scolding their child, he seemed to be playful but the fact he had his arms crossed over his chest made him seem very intimidating . "no..." Amity trailed off, whilst looking around the room and avoiding anyone's eyes . I was glad that she was avoiding looking at people as I had a small smirk on my face which I tried to hide by resting my head on my palm.

"Amity....." Alaric said sternly whilst staring directly at her, they were honestly acting a bit like children , though I suppose they hadn't had a lot of time to act like children .Amity gave a small huff but she sent Alaric a small smile "Okay fine i'm sorry about ...everything, your head...the teasing... though you -fine i shouldn't have taken my anger out on you." she said directly to Maddox , I mean Maddox was still leaning on me so she could have gotten away with just telling meddox this and making it seem believable that she was talking to me too. She sounded pretty sincere so I nodded in her direction with a polite smile and Maddox pushed himself a bit and started to say happily "It's a-"

"well well well what have we here?" came a sweet voice from behind us. I had frozen, the scent of jasmine and roses reached my nose and made my eyes water. We all had similar reactions of freezing in our places and staring at each other. Amity had fear in her eyes, alaric had fear in his eyes, Maddox had fear in his eyes and I didn't have to guess that I also had fear in my eyes.

"Mom I-" Amity had been the brave one to attempt speaking first, I suppose it would make the most and least sense out of us. Amity was Alviva's daughter and therefore it would mean they were the closest between us all. However Amity was Alviva's daughter and this seemed very much like betrayal.

"Now now dear I had been suspecting that you were somehow involved with chester for a while ...but this? I cannot accept" Alviva's voice was extremely calm though I could see the coal of her eyes lighting a flame. her voice was laced with venom and her nails were digging into her skin. her smile was sickly sweet and it looked like a predator ready to pounce.

"But mother! I have nothing ot do with-" Amity's own voice was laced in fear and her lip was quivering a little bit. Of course Amity has seen what her mother can do , I had only seen some of it . Though it makes me wonder if she curses people that she loves , what would she do to the people that she hates?

"SHHHH now clearly curses aren't harsh enough! I'll take this one , and you aren't getting him back well not without a miracle at least!" She grabbed Maddox from under my arms, I went to grab him but my limbs were frozen with a blue light surrounding them . Maddox looked terrified, That was understandable and it seemed that we were all in the same situation, frozen once again. "now Amity what do we always say? hear no evil, speak no evil and see no evil! haha "

Until Eternity BxBOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara