chapter 33

I was late for university that day , I felt as though I hadn't slept at all for the past three nights but university waits for no-one I suppose. I couldn't spend my time sulking or dwelling on my nightmare because it was just that, a nightmare. I wasn't going to let the fear of what didn't happen corrupt my happiness of the moment.

After me and Maddox talked for hours yesterday I dropped him off safely at his house and we talked for a little more after that as well. I wasn't the most presentable when I turned up for Dave's class late . I was dreading entering the classroom as he is the type of person to point out that someone arrived late to class. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

Dave seemed to be in the middle of a very dramatic interpretive dance about how babies talk when he spotted me . "Ah look who finally decided to show up everyone! mister Allerton has finally arrived someone roll out the red carpet!" The bonnet that he wore was rather distracting and off putting as I tried to keep a straight face.

I gave him a small smirk as I sat down in my seat "no that's alright thank you Dave though that's a very nice bonnet." The rest of the class laughed at my comment whilst he dramatically crossed his arms and pouted like the child he was pretending to be before laughing and returning to the computer "Careful there chester you may find yourself with one soon."

I heard Maddox snickering beside me and I nudged him with my elbow slightly "hey get that image out fo your head.." I noticed that Luke was laughing a little bit as well, I looked to the tale where his ipod usually was to find that it wasn't there . When I looked he didn't have his earphones in either. Maddox probably nudged him when Dave started to act like a nursery teacher rather then a university teacher.

Maddox chuckled at me before we just focused our attention back onto the lecture at hand , it was in fact a lecture on how babies can talk and make noises which was very ...interesting and interpretative . Luke seemed to actually be doing his job now, I don't know if maddox had complained to his boss or had a talk with him but he seemed to be pointing things out on the screen and everything. At the end of the class he even handed me maddox's bag as i put my hand out of it.

We started to walk to our room and surprisingly Luke came with us which was unusual. He followed us and started talking to us , nor much about anything just how our weekends were and how we were finding the lesson . That was until we got into the room and he closed the door behind us . i didn't fail to notice that he had locked the door.

"oh thank goodness, " Luke started rolling his shoulders "It was so difficult staying silent for those two hours , just kidding i loved it." He turned to look at me in the eyes and that's when i noticed luke's eyes starting to get lighter and his hair start to become incredibly light. his hair started to change length and suddenly i was faced with

"Alaric?" I asked out of confusion i was shocked yes but not nearly as much as Maddox who almost fell off his chair . with a "wha-!" Alaric rubbed the back of his head "yeah...hi i'm slightly insulted you didn't know it was me earlier then this but oh well..."

I narrowed my eyes at Alaric as he smirked and sat down "so did you become luke? or is luke you? because this is real confusing and i'm very tempted to hit you if you've been luke all the time" Maddox was still very much in shock as he had his head in his hands and was taking deep breaths .

"wow i'm not used to this do i need to get used to it i don't want to have to get used to this please tell me that i do not need to get used to this because this will be hard to get used to ." Maddox was mumbling very quickly and quietly as i went to rub his back .

"umm yeah i'm sorry about that maddox that probably made you very anxious...I wanted a way so that i could keep ...well i wanted to see why on earth Alviva was so obsessed over chester and why amity was so obsessed about you." He trailed off a bit at the end as he rubbed the back of his neck and had a sheepish smile on his face.

"well now you know....wait did you make a whole new identity? cause i'm pretty sure that you need some sort of qualifications or training to be a guide , please tell me you're trained." I almost demanded with concern for the fact that maddox hasn't actually had a trained guide for as long as he'd been here.

I sat down next to maddox on one of the blue chairs that were connected to each other. like a settee but you could move the individual chairs and i rubbed his back some more and held his hand, he was still in a little bit of shock .

"yes yes don't worry i'm well trained like a loyal dog..." he muttered the last point but i heard it and sent him quite the snarky look .. Those who help and support those in need work very hard to make sure that the people are alright and can get around independently . Those who need help put there support in their guides and Alaric acted as though it was nothing.

Maddox seemed to get himself together a little bit and he looked up from his hands "Okay so you've been luke this entire time?....ugh that's slightly embarrassing ..." Alaric smirked at him and crossed his arms .

"Don't worry maddox i have deemed your relationship worth saving soo I have a plan. One that's better then the failure of a plan chester came up with." I made an offended noise but decided to ignore my ego and go along with the conversation.