chapter 47

Behind Alviva stood a woman, she had short deep brown curly hair and sparkling green eyes. Her skin was tan and she had a lot of freckles . She looked kind though I knew that looks can be deceiving. She was wearing simple blue jeans, a band T-shirt that looks to have been for a fictional band and black knee high boots. Whoever she was give a very dep sigh and shook her head as she looked around the room ."Seriously Alviva? you're still hung up on this?" her posture was straight as she walked towards Maddox. I had tensed up a little bit and looked to Alaric and Amity for reassurance that she was not a threat. I was disappointed as Alaric looked at me confused and Amity had just tilted her head to the side.

The lady walked over to Alviva who seemed to cower in front of her, struggling even more them she already was "E-Emily, P-please! you don't understand!" The woman that I now know as Emily gave a sympathetic smile towards Alviva before touching her head. The amount of power that radiated from this new person was enough to make me want to drop to my knees and bow before her. This was a kind of magic that I have never experienced before. This magic was light and kind. This was almost a whole new experience to me. As soon as Alviva was touched she closed her eyes and fell back, hitting the floor quite harshly. As soon as this happened Maddox stopped thrashing, his breathing returned to a calm pattern but he didn't wake up. With the wind no longer effecting or limiting our abilities to move I ran as close to Maddox as i could get...which was very close, surprisingly the circle surrounding him didn't block me out . I was once again assuming that it was because the witch was knocked out .I was focused entirely on Maddox that i didn't pay attention to Alaric and Amity following me.

After taking a little too long studying Maddox's features and deciding that he was alright I stared up at the woman in front of us. Up close i could see the golden specks in her eyes and the kindness within her features was even more prominent. I still was unsure about whether or not to trust her. Though she did knock out Alviva and hopefully save Maddox. I spent another few seconds staring at her, analysing her . She held out a ring covered hand to me kindly "lets get out of here Chester Allerton, you shall all be safe and all shall be explained."

"How do we know if we can trust you?" Asked amity with her eyes still shut, she wasn't looking in the direction of Emily but it was obvious who she was talking to. I was having the same thought but i couldn't vocalise it. Though despite Amity's words Alaric also found it important to ask "HOW CAN WE TRUST YOU? YOU JUST KNOCKED HER OUT!" Emily tilted her head to the side before uttering some words that i couldn't understand or hear. but suddenly it was like a weight had been lifted off my chest. Alaric gave a not-so-manly yelp and jumped back whilst Amity gave a rather unpleasant squeal. I turned around to see Amity looking all around the room with wide eyes. She started to run around the place looking at every single detail that she could find. That was until she fell to the floor "OH MY GOSH I MISSED MY EYES SO MUCH!" which caused me to smile and chuckle a bit at her enthusiasm. I was extremely happy that was over but I still was unsure about trusting this new woman.

Alaric gave a delighted laugh once he realized that he could now hear and they looked happy at each other, whilst they were in their little happy bubble I raised an eyebrow at Emily and asked hoarsely "can we really trust you?" before once again looking down at Maddox's peaceful face which was in my lap. He had a small smile on his lips now and he seemed to be happily dreaming. "Chester We have a mutual friend, trust me please. We can work out a better way to stop this" Emily gestured to all around her, mainly to the knocked out witch at her feet though. "Mess and put things...somewhat back to normal. It'll be like it was when you had first met Maddox, with no Alviva drama or other spells."

By the time that she had finished talking my two friends were by my side. "Look if you tell us where to go, we'll go but we're taking my car. Maddox can lay in the back with Amity and you can do your magical portal thing-y okay?" Emily frowned but nodded "Aright the address is 37 heather road. It's not too far from here, safe travels." she nodded and waved before vanishing in another mass of purple smoke. We all looked at each other before sighing. We looked down to Alviva before exiting -some of us giving her a firm kick for good measure- I was carrying Maddox as I was strong but not as bulky as Alaric, this meant i had less of a chance hitting his head in a doorway.

It was actually a rather short drive to the address that I had put into my GPS . It lead me into one of the small neighbourhoods. You know the kind where everyone knows everyone and your next door neighbour is a kind lady that makes you cookies when you first move in? those kinds of stereotypical neighbourhoods. The house was nothing spectacular, the garden was almost overflowing with various plants and herbs which i assume get used for spells and potions and the like. The outside walls were white and it looked rather Victorian judging by the shapes of the windows. They were my favourite kind of windows...i'm sorry that's a boring and useless detail.

The path was simple pavement with two steps leading down and then two steps leading up to the bright red door with a fancy knocker. We waited patiently at the door until it was opened by Emily . "Come in! i'm glad you made it here safely, it didn't take you too long. Now please feel welcome, though my husband is working upstairs , I'd rather not disturb him, it is rather late too so we should get this all sorted."

We thanked her politely and entered her home. To anyone else this...would be an odd house. The passageway was Orange , which isn't too strange as Maddox's was also orange, but this orange was extremely vibrant . It was loud and was accompanied by what seemed to be a lot of clutter. There was a framed picture of some abstract art , which was a nice break of the bold colours. On the right wall were three ...uniquely shaped mirrors and to the left was a purple set of coat hooks and a purple shoe closet. In front of us was a staircase and two doors. The banisters were white that matched the radiator under the morrors though the doorframes were black.

Emily lead us into the living room which was just as bold as the passage. the navy blue walls looked rather out of place in the room as the rest of the furniture -apart from the settees- were nearly a brilliant white. There was a white fireplace with many things on the mantle such as a metal pear and apple set, a metal duck, a white clock, some candles and dog ornaments . There was a bookshelf which was filled with oddities and a smell of baking in the air . To the left of the room was another room which Emily lead us into.

If maddox was conscious then he wouldn't be for very long if he stepped in here. The atmosphere was heavy with incense and there were many candles lit. The walls were purple and patterned very intricately. There were dream catchers on the wall and some framed pictures of the different lines on the hand for palm reading and the zodiac signs. There was comfortable cushions in the corner of the room which i assume is for meditation. This honestly would Make Maddox's day . Especially the brilliant collection of crystals that she seemed to own, ranging in many different shapes and sizes.

Though my search of the room was interrupted by a fire alarm going off and quick footsteps running down the stairs. Emily sighed and looked at us "I'm sorry about the noise My husband isn't the best at cooking, he usually waits until I go out because i don't let him in the kitchen." I nodded understandably and Amity muttered a quick "That's alright" When someone entered the room we all turned to the door. If I wasn't holding the most important person in my life i would have dropped my arms to my sides in shock of who it was.