Chapter 18: Shadow

As the secretaries floor went dark a flashlight shone in the presidents secretary department. A computer was switched on and data was extracted, since there was a lot of data to be extracted the person sat there bored ruffling his hair. It was easier that he thought. Were people this dumb, even hacking the passwords was very easy.

The man snooped around a few other computer gathering data and within an hour he had accomplished what he had come for.....................

———————————————————————————————————————————————

The day broke and Bright had an unsettling feeling that he couldn't point out the reason for. He didn't stay home, so he headed to the college to meet his juniors. He felt so lost, but the only thing he could do was pray that he still gets to keep his job.

Gulf on the other hand tried to find any type of evidence that he could, to help his friend out of this ordeal.

"Senior Man, can you help me with sometime, please" Gulf went to his previous floor supervisor to ask if he could get help from seniors

"If it's within my power, I can help you" he said earnestly.

"Can you get me the security footage of 2 days ago" Gulf asked

"There are procedures to obtaining a footage, firstly not everyone is authorized, second you need to have a legit reason to get the footage, for that either the president or the CEO's approval is needed, unfortunately I cannot help you with this" Man guided Gulf

Gulf's next target was CEO Mew, but how was he going to ask that.

Gulf finished his report and took the paperwork to Mew's office, where he then bought up the topic of Bright

"Mr. Mew, is there a way I can access the security footage for the day before Bright's presentation" Gulf asked straight forwardly

"You know that there is a procedure that you have to follow before you can actually get the approval" Mew asked "what makes you think that I'll give you the permission without the preceding steps"

Gulf was silent. He pushed his luck too hard this time, but he would do anything for Bright.

"I..., Bright is a brother to me and I know that there is no way that he would have done this, I want to....... "

"Do you have any evidence that Bright wouldn't have done this.... Don't blindly justify things based on friendship, that's the one thing that has led to Bright been investigated as of now" Mew said to Gulf clearly. 

Gulf couldn't retort back any further. What Mew had said was right. Bright was Mil's friend and brother who he trusted and that was the end result but what Mew didn't understand was the Bright and Gulf were friends since childhood, and Gulf wouldn't stand back and do nothing

"I'll do anything for him" Gulf said not realizing what he had just said!

"Anything" Mew slowly got up from his chair and walked towards Gulf. His face was inches away from Gulf when he bought his mouth close to Gulf ear, stunning Gulf in his spot.

What was Mew doing, Gulf couldn't comprehend, all he knew was he was turning red and fast.

"Do the proper paperwork and if it passes the committee, I'll also pass the approval form" Mew chuckled into Gulf's ear and went back to his seat. As nervous as he was few moments ago, Gulf couldn't have been any happier when Mew said that.

"You owe me two anythings now" Mew reminded Gulf as Gulf was leaving his office, but Gulf payed no heed to that. Mew was already planning what his anythings would consist of....

Mew just couldn't see Gulf looking sad, but there was also something that he wanted Gulf to learn out of this experience... nothing comes easily

The ever so excited Gulf went ahead and filled the form and sent to the committee, the reply would be within a day but he didn't expect the reply he got. It was clearly declined due to lack of justification and supporting evidence

Everything was nearing to the end. The three days were over. Tomorrow they would finally announce the results for the investigation. There was an internal and an external investigation done, and a private one approved by Mr.Win with the Blacklist.

Both Mil and Bright were summoned by the committee executives, little did Bright know that the committee would take Mils' side because he has worked with them and know the ins and outs of the process.

Investigation or not, Mil clearly had the upper hand and knew that soon he will be returning back to his position, the past three days he spend them as vacation, life was never difficult for Mil, he knew which reigns to pull at what time, the committees were under his control.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello lovelies

Who is ready for the Free Fire live of MewxGulf today at 7:00 pm thai time.?? ✋🏻

Even though I don't understand a word that they say, just supporting them is happiness

Hope you all are enjoying so far

Don't forget to share, comment and vote!!!!!