Chapter 7: Calm the nerves

The results were positive, both Bright and Gulf passed with the highest grades, unbelievable much.

It was time to celebrate. Twice the celebration as they had received an email to attend the interview for employment at the MSJC. The newly graduates held a small party in Gulf's house and as usual Bright left like a cinderella as the time struck 12:00 am.

Gulf got ready for the interview and met Bright at the entrance of the interview building, and yes, a whole building was leased to the MSJC for the interview to be held due to the high volume of the applicants. MSJC was not dubbed the most desirable work place for nothing.

One by one the applicants were called in, #0064 Gulf Kanawut, you are next. Confident as he might look like, he walked in, only to be faced by a familiar face, none other than Mr. Win Metawin, the odd thing that stood out was that in front of the name was President of the MSJC.

Was he not just an executive, but then again the president is also an executive.

The questions were the most random ones after the initial introduction. They never asked about his education status rather one of the questions was that if he was a supervisor "how would he handle an ethical dilemma between his colleague and their junior "incase the senior colleague  was stealing the juniors work?" He was asked if he had ever come across such a situation and what he actually did and if his internship actually helped change the perspective of how such a dilemma could be handled. In the hot seat, Gulf answered what he felt was right and what he would change, no emotions from the judges sides were displayed. He was questioned a few more and then was told to look out for the email to see if he passed the first round and if he will be invited to round 2.

Hours later #1227 Bright Vachirawit, you are up next. He walked the confident walk which was drained the moment he saw the panel. Why did Mr. Mew Suppasit, CEO of the MSJC, need to chair this.... Wait....wait... CEO, since when did CEO's chair a panel for employment. No wonder these interviews were difficult to pass.

Random questions were thrown, making Bright wonder what were the basis of these questions. What about the CV and the grades that he prepared for the panel. The most random questions was about "how he would deal if someone sympathizes with his working conditions, would empathy be better than sympathy?" What were his viewpoints. After a few more questions he was also told to keep a look out for the second email that would inform him if he would move ahead or not.

Once Bright was done he came out and met a waiting Gulf. They both looked at each other, sighed and them hugged. Once they were done they started laughing. The biggest hurdle was passed. They had a few more interview at different companies the following days so they parted ways so that they could attend those interviews.

After those long days, rest was what both the boys were looking forward to and did they get it? Not in the slightest. They had to go back and forth the university to finalize the paperworks for the graduations ceremony. It was a long and tiring process but this was the result of their hard work and effort they put through the 5 years of college.

Two days later the boys received the much awaited mail from the companies, that they had hoped. The MSJC had finally invited them for the second part of the interview, as much of the good news it was, the boys dreaded over what the scenarios of the interviews would be. But they didn't hesitate to think to reject the other companies that offered them work. They drafted the email for rejection but didn't send it as they had two weeks to consider. The second part was within this week so incase they didn't get in, they at least have a chance with other companies.

The email that the MSJC sent them stated that they will stay for 2 days at the MSJC resort and it is mandatory to be there for 2 days to undergo the whole process of interview. Whatever they were possibly planning to do in the 2 days was something huge. Or were they testing the nerves of the newbies.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note

Hope you are liking the story so far!

Look forward to the next exciting chapters <3