My flower in the dark

This may or may not be short but one thing is for sure, I did this at night when I'm tired and I'm not thinking straight so forgive me for the horrible storytelling skills you're about to read.

"Here we are."

his voice-
I've never actually managed to speak to him properly. Not even look at him in the eye, but surprisingly still fall for those fierce blue eyes.

Even though we haven't spent much time together, I feel like we are inseparable.

I sigh as we finally arrive at the place.

We were in the woods, part of it was covered in trees, but there was one side of it, which filled my heart to see the pathway cleared, leading to a river.

I must admit I wasn't much of a fan of the outside world or nature in general, I'd always prefer being in an office

Stephen got out of the car, I was in the passenger seat so stayed in, checking my phone. I was indeed expecting a call, but only from Happy.

Stephen opened my door, "you okay?"

I smiled, "yeah, just expecting a call that's all"

Stephen handed over his hand. I gladly took it, being blinded by the sun at the same time. I was getting used to it of course.

"Isn't it beautiful?"

"What exactly?"

He looked back at me.

"I-I mean yeah."

He chuckles. Damn.

"This is why I brought you out here today, so you learn to appreciate the beauty of nature."

"I already do that."

"Tony for the last time, just because you've seen it online doesn't mean you've been outside."

"I know I know, it's not the same."

Stephen got closer and wrapped his arms around my waist, embracing me.

He whispered to my ear, "I love you too much, I hope you know that."

"Oh, I already do."

"Mm do you?"

I turn around in what seemed a side hug, facing him.

"Yes, I do." I kiss his nose.

He smiles.

I don't think there is anything more filling than to see my other half happy, I know that the problems will come but seeing his smile just comforts me, it's like a sign that we're on the right path.

We let go of each other.

"Alright, did I mention we're staying here for the night?"

"What! No, you did not"

"Oh calm down it'll be fun."

Yes, we're together but that doesn't mean we've spent that much time together, we both had a day off today, so this was the surprise he had planned for today.

"You do know we got things to do tomorrow, right?"

"Of course, I have everything planned out, the master of mystic arts has it all under control."

"My wizard-" I said looking at him, noticing his cheeks turning a slight shade of pink.

I go up to him, run my fingers through his hair, "you're too cute."

I walk away, leaving him flustered.

"Y-you can't do that!"

I smile.