What if we left

It's ONE AM RIGHT NOW AND IM READY TO WRITE MORE!!! This is a high school AU by the way 😊

Stephen was a junior, who loved school and his studies were always his priority. He had his goals set and the standards were high. People would tease him for having a dream to becoming a well known surgeon but he never payed attention to that type of people, he didn't want to be brought down just by the talking of others, he knew where he was going and wasn't going to give up. Especially after working so hard all these years.

Stephen was smart kid, obviously but he was good looking. He was definitely not one of those weird nerds, he was cute-smart. Many girls would go after him, but for the reason of him being quiet, he'd never gone out with someone.

Being cute was not easy especially for tony stark. Tony was the popular kid, but his popularity was never his priority, he was smart dude too. He wanted to become a mechanic, an inventor, and even a billionaire. He wanted his work to be recognized.

Tony had always noticed the smart-cute guy in every single of his classes. He was perfect for someone like tony, but there was a problem, tony being popular obviously had a girlfriend. 'How would any of this work out?' "I guess I'm bi now" tony murmured to himself.

Before making things complicated, Tony decided to start talking to Stephen first, then he would resolve his pepper situation later.

"Oh hey, Stephen right?" Stephen looked up from the book he was reading and saw tony, then he came back to reality and answered, "y-yea that's me, Stephen, and you m-must be tony right?" Tony could just think how cute Stephen was he was gentle and shy and smart what more beautiful than that. "Tony?"  He then snapped back into reality. "Oh! Hi sorry kinda got lost in your eyes." Tony then realized what he had just said. Stephen chuckled. "You've got pretty eyes too tony." Tony was pink. They continued talking for the rest of class.

Lunch time, now that tony was for sure that Stephen was his, he needed to get rid of pepper (not in a bad way of course, tony loved pepper but he wasn't feeling it anymore.) 'hopefully she understands' tony said to himself.

Tony made his way to pepper in the hallways. Pepper noticing tony from a far started to greet him. "Oh, hey babe what's up." Tony was nervous. What was he going to say, that he was gay and is going to dump her for being in love with some one else and that he wasn't feeling it anymore!? At this point tony was sweating.  "Hey, look we need to talk..." those words always bring up the perfect mood, hopefully she knows what's coming up.

"Alright, I didn't want to do it this way but I'm going to be straight forward with you" pepper just nodded and listened. "I've loved you for so long, that I've learned to not love you anymore, I can't feel it, I don't know where our love went but I've found somebody who makes me melt even when the sun isn't out. Pepper you've been so so good to me, you don't deserve me treating you like this so please understand. We're over, I hope you find somebody who can love you better because I couldn-"

Pepper shushed him with her finger on his lips, she still smelled like strawberries. "Tony, I get so please stop talking." She giggled. "You know, I always knew this was gonna come up. And I've felt the same. You'll still be my friend if you want and I'll support you, plus you've made it a bit too obviously of who you like. The quietest kid in school, who would have known." She joked around. Tony was relieved, who knew pepper was so nice. "Thank you pepper."

The said their goodbyes as a couple and started a new friendship as just, well, friends. Tony went back to the cafeteria, since he couldn't go between classes, and there was Stephen. "Hey steph," Stephen looked up at tony. "Hey, where did you go?" Tony looked a bit nervous but he knew he had down the right thing. "Oh nothing I was just handling some stuff. Don't worry about it though."

-a  months  later-

"Hold still tonyyy" "no!" Stephen and tony grew to get closer every day. Stephen was less shy but still smart and Tony's love just grew and grew. There was nothing more beautiful than seeing these too in the woods and enjoying the sunset.

They were sitting in silence, when the idea popped in Tony's head. Always keeping in mind that tony still hasn't confessed to his loved one, but was giving little hints. "Hey Stephen," "yeah?" Stephen looked at tony, he was lying on the grass close to Tony's lap and tony himself was sitting up.

"What if we left?"

The question kept roaming in his head. It seemed like a good idea, but then 'why would the great tony stark want to be with some one like me alone?' "Can you answer me this, before I answer you tony?" Tony was getting nervous but he was getting ready to hear a 'no'

"Why me? Why would you want to run away with someone like me?"

"Oh Stephen, I thought I was gonna have to be put for a challenge question but that, is the easiest answer I could give you." Suddenly a positive emotion or sensation took over tony telling him to be confident and to tell him already.

"Because I love you..."

Stephen was shocked, nobody had loved him, his parents were never there, he barely knew what love felt like. Stephen started to tear up. Tony continued to talk.

"Because ever since the day I found out you were mine, my world was turned upside down. I couldn't sit still anymore, in every break of the day I couldn't wait to see you, my body started to get desperate to at least hear your voice and i don't know what it is?, there's something about you that I just can't leave behind and I want you, because it's you and only you, and I'm not ready for you to break my heart so please tell me you love me back. Because without you, I'm empty and I'll never feel the same with anyone else."

Tony noticed the tears rushing how his face, did he do something wrong? He got closer to Stephen and put his hand on his cheek then cupping his face with his both hands afterwards trying to comfort him. "Please don't cry, when you cry I cry."  "Sorry, it's not you, it's me, it's just that ive never been loved, or really cared for, ever. This is the first time I've ever heard the words 'I love you' I was never comforted like you just did. I didn't even think I'd know what love was, ever. And here we are in each other's arms, saying we love each other." Stephen was scared to try something like this, especially since it was so new to him.

"Oh Stephen, I'm so sorry to hear such things, but I promise you I will love you and love you like no one has ever before because you're mine and we'll live together and laugh and cuddle and hopefully kiss and we'll be together forever." Stephen didn't hesitate to kiss him right there. He didn't care if it was getting dark or if it was getting cold all he cared was that tony was with him.

They broke the kiss. "You know what?" Stephen started. "I will." Will what?" Tony asked confused. "What if we left?" Stephen asked, hoping tony would remember. "Oh right! I was so into you during that kiss I had forgot." "I love you tony." "I love you too Stephen."

Back at school, they were a couple. They were the cutest thing that existed. They were so into each other they never heard anybody else's voices but each other's. "Hey babe, did you do the home work?" "Of course, you want it don't you?" Tony nodded. "Only if I get a kiss ." Tony sighed and kiss his boyfriend "ok there." Stephen was pleased and gave tony his homework. "Thanks" Stephen nodded and left.

They were at home, well Tony's home. Stephen had left to Tony's room and sat on the bed thinking. He was tired but didn't want to sleep. After a few minutes, Tony finished 'doing' his homework and went upstairs, Stephen didn't want to sleep but the tension was strong his head told him not to sleep but his eyes told him otherwise. So, tony found a sleeping Stephen. He looked at his boyfriend with awe and started to lie next to him.

They slept until the next day. So cute. The next day they discussed about the leaving the city and living alone in the woods. They decided to stay but they were not going to separate at all. They were staying together.

In other words, just know they will be happy. Forever

I hope y'all enjoyed. I'm getting better at making them longer 😊