An apple a day keeps the doctor away

Tony has always been the joking type, I mean was that questionable? The dude liked to have fun.

and when he figured out that strange was a doctor, ideas flowed like a river in his head.

even before he had met the wizard, Tony always had the phrase "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" due to his mother.

as a child tony never liked visiting the doctor's office he thought they were scary.

Stephen was aware of Tony's childish behavior but paid very little attention to him.

There was a time where Stephen was drinking some tea, and tony walked over to him

keep in mind Stephen was standing near the pantry.

Tony, of course, saw this as the perfect opportunity to play flirt.

Stephen had caught tony staring at him, "do you need anything?" Stephen asks raising a brow.

tony walks closer, he extends his arm to Stephen's side, looking at him directly in the eye.

he notices how uncomfortable Stephen seems, almost choking on his tea.

"not from you no." tony response, reaching for something in pantry and walking away.

Stephen of course grew flustered.

since that day the pranks and romantic jokes continued. from the air blowing kisses to horribly attempted hugs.

"Heyyyyy Stephen..."

"what?" strange was reading a book not looking up from it.

"guess what?" tony said sounding more annoying than a five-year-old.

"what, Tony, what?"

"I love youuu," tony said extending his arms waiting for a hug.

"Tony, it's one in the morning and you're drunk," Stephen said finally looking up from his book.

"what no!"

"come on let me take you to bed," he said standing up

"no, I don't want to go to sleep," Tony said raising the pick in his voice by five points.

there was a slight pause,

"unless you stay with me."

Stephen sighed, a slight smile laying on his lips.

"just go to bed."

Stephen didn't really mind tony's crush on him.

how did he find out you may ask?

He read his mind on accident.

before you criticize the "on accident" part let me explain.

The avengers were analyzing a very powerful villain and it was Stephens' first day so he thought of reading cap's thoughts to find any more info about the mission,

then he moved on to bruce and eventually ended up on tony.

apparently the ebony maw, new york situation triggered something in the mechanic.

ever since that day, Stephen has known. but doesn't expose him at all, he just goes with the flow.

"Tony, for the last time, you are not having another sip of vodka."

"But- I want it."

"I have to get you on a diet."

Tony and Stephen were currently wrapped in blankets in bed.