Man without time (for me)

When I wanted time for us, he didn't give it. And when all I needed was some time alone, my boyfriend and his egotistic ass wouldn't give me that. Could this be the end of us, of everything?

"Steve?" I asked as I was entering the living room, I noticed Steve wasn't there.

I called him once, I called him twice.

After what had happened at the coffee shop, I didn't want to hear from him but I kept hearing his voice, I was confused.

I didn't want to think of it, so I decided to get it out of my head, he had left anyway he shouldn't be here.

I decided to go to my lab, I was headed downstairs, and never, in a million years would I have imagined, what I had seen...

Two days earlier...

"Hey Tony? I'm going out, I'll see you later. Okay?"

Steve kissed Tony's cheek and left in a flash.

"Good-

Steve shut the door.

"-bye"

I had never seen him that excited to get out of the house, unless we were going on a date. I wondered but the thoughts suddenly left as I needed to finish my nanotech-related project.

I was down in the lab for a while now. I wanted something to eat. I headed to the kitchen I grabbed some bread and some ham. I prepared myself a sandwich.

it had been hours since I had sat down and I felt tired. I assumed Steve had been back by now, but he wasn't.

I started to get suspicions, some of which I wouldn't want to imagine, but I couldn't get them out of my mind. I knew that my relationship with Captain America wouldn't be easy but I never thought I'd feel this lonely.

I headed to the out bedroom and laid on the bed, looking up at the ceiling.

I thought of many things, random things. about cats and lavender, and the color red. and then out of nowhere, I thought of magic and wizardry stuff. then it came to me. the one name roaring and roaming in my mind, strange.

I may have only met the wizard for a couple of hours but I couldn't get his name out of my trail of thoughts.

I felt like I knew him more, over a couple of hours than I'd ever have known steve over all these years.

maybe it was wrong to think of someone else while in a relationship, but I didn't feel like I was in one, not at this point, I felt lonely as fuck.

I knew the wizard was smart and arrogant, he was handsome, with his white strands of hair, his magical cloak thingy, just the challenge for me.

although I had my suspicions, I remained faithful. I didn't want to hurt steve as that and I convinced myself that he wouldn't either.

a couple of hours later and I hadn't realized I had fallen asleep. I looked over to my side and expected to see my beloved, but there was no sign of him.

I sighed deeply, thinking about falling into a deep slumber again, but part of me was really worried, so I grabbed my phone despite the time, I called him.

Seconds later, I felt vibrating near me. I glanced over on the nightstand, there it was. his phone.

I honestly didn't know what to feel. was I being played? how could he just leave me here? I didn't want to think too much of it, maybe he was busy, but why leave his phone?

all of this thinking had me nauseous, I went to the bathroom expecting to throw up but nothing happened. I then checked the time.

"1:30am"