seventy two|evelyn rose

"It's a girl. You have a baby girl," the doctor smiled, turning to the nurse, "10:13 AM on July 5th, 2021."

I laid back, panting, hearing a cry. A baby's cry. Our baby's crying. Awsten was still right beside me as the doctor handed her to me. I felt tears stream down my face and I looked at Awsten, who was also a crying hot mess.

After admiring her, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Ya'know, I actually like the name Evelyn."

I smiled and looked down at her.

"Evelyn. Evelyn Rose."

Awsten hummed next to me and stared at her.

"I won."

I smiled and put my hand on her back, rubbing up and down. After about 20 minutes, Awsten quietly asked if he could hold her, which I of course said yes to. He gently picked her up and cradled her in his arms, smiling down at her. He kept looking up at me, tears flowing heavier and heavier every time.

For the next 24 hours, I stared at Evelyn and slept. We had to go home at least an hour after she was bathed and after already being here for 12 hours, the 24 went by fast. At around noon they told us we could go home. I had been non stop crying for longer than I ever had in my life.

"I can't believe it," I said as I looked at the carseat in the back.

"She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen," Awsten said, grabbing my hand.

I nodded in agreement, looking back again. She was sleeping and that was enough to set me off again. I heard him quietly laugh at me.

"I love you Charlie."

"I love you too Awsten."

•••

"Shhh," I said, wrapping my hand around Tot's snout. He looked at me confused as to why I was telling him to be quiet. I smiled and slowly let go, rubbing his head as he walked away.

"Thank you," I said, looking up at Sam.

"It was no problem. Kinda freaky when he started barking at the case of dolls though."

Tot walked back to me, standing on my feet in front of me.

"They're all haunted. What do you expect," I said, patting the dog.

"So where's Awsten?" Elijah asked.

"On the couch asleep."

"He's sitting up, he never does that," he said, walking over and gasping.

"Wait oh my God I didn't even-"

"No way," Sam said, walking over.

"That's so cute," they said in unison.

"What's her name?" Sam asked as Elijah whipped out his phone.

"Evelyn. Evelyn Rose Knight. Eve for short."

"That's so, God, I can't even process-"

"I know, neither could I."

"Tot is gonna have to get used to her," Sam laughed.

"Yeah. He's pretty well trained though, I'm not too worried about it."

"Well, we gotta get going, we're headed somewhere," Elijah said, still snapping pictures.

"When are you guys gonna announce this?"

"No one even knew I was pregnant. So I'd think once we actually get settled and comfortable. It all depends."

The boys nodded and hugged me.

"Congratulations, she's beautiful."

"Thank you," I smiled as they walked away and closed the door. I walked over to Awsten who was asleep holding Eve. She had her little head tucked under his jaw and his hand was on her back. I smiled and brushed the hair out of his eyes, kissing him on the forehead. After I watched them for a little bit, I wanted to call my mom.

I dialed her number into my phone and she answered within seconds.

"Hi Charlie!" She said happily into the phone.

"Hi mom," I responded, hopping up on the counter.

"How's everyone, how's Evie?"

I smiled at the nickname.

"She's good, Awsten's asleep holding her."

"Oh my God take a picture and send it."

"I already did."

The rest of the phone conversation was pretty regular. Talking about house situations and wedding stuff. It was actually nice to talk to my mom about it because I still feel like she understand me more than anyone.

"Charlie," I heard a whisper from the living room.

I poked my head out to see Awsten looking around the room. I laughed and told my mom I had to go so I could go and see whatever he needed.

•••

I woke up to crying very loud for the third time that night.

Nope.

I love her. But I have gotten up too many times. Not this time.

"Charlie," I heard Awsten groan, "hello?"

I stayed in place, keeping my sleeping pattern. I heard him sit up and walk around to where Eve was. I heard her get quiet and then I started fucking crying. Because Awsten was singing to her. Oh my God.

"Here comes the sun, doo-dun-doo-doo, here comes the sun, and I say, it's all right."

He isn't even the biggest fan of The Beatles but Eve apparently is because she quieted down.

"Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter. Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here."

I was fully in tears over this but I had to stick to my plan so I cried tears of joy in silence, listening to him softly sing Here Comes The Sun.

*𝕀𝕟𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕞*

chxrlie_hope

Liked by awstenknight and 1,579 otherschxrlie_hope this is so old but he's so cuteView all 639 commentsnewwave

chxrlie_hope this is so old but he's so cute
View all 639 comments
newwave.mp3 yes he is
awstenknight AWE YOU'RE TAKEN :( I REALLY LIKE YOU THOUGH
spen.sir ??
emma.marie @chxrlie_hope @awstenknight Y'ALL CUTE

***
(june 26, 2020)