sixty seven|the what?

there's gonna be a lot of time skips between chapters because at this point, i don't really wanna write 13 filler chapters about wedding planning, considering i've never planned a wedding before

***

I tapped the screen on my watch and looked at the calendar. December 17th. God this year has gone fast. And this week has sucked. My days have been spent on the couch because I've felt the violent urge to throw up lately. It hasn't been fun. I didn't have symptoms of anything so I was thinking of going to the doctor and asking about it.

Awsten's been really nice considering my situation. He sits up with me and holds my hair back and all that. I just felt kinda humiliated because I hate getting sick. It makes me feel disgusting.

I held Tot in my lap and petted his head. He's grown a LOT. And it's cute because he has no idea, he thinks he's just as small as he was when he was a baby. He's pretty much done growing at this point, but he's not too big which is nice. He can still sit in our lap without crushing us.

As I laughed at the episode of Family Guy on TV, voices came from outside of our door and I stared. Tot caught on and he hopped on the top of the couch, growling at the door. When Awsten opened the door, letting in Elijah, who Tot has met, and Sam who he has not, our dog went crazy, jumping off the couch and charging at Sam.

"Tot, down!" I yelled as he tried to jump up. The dog looked back at me confused and Awsten laughed.

"I'm sorry, he's starting to get really protective."

"I think it's cute," Sam said, letting Tot get used to his scent.

After a couple minutes, the Beagle returned to me on the couch. I said hey to the boys and turned my attention back to the show. After a couple hours, they wanted to go and do something. I knew it was gonna take me forever to get ready so I said no, but they refused to leave me.

I sighed and got up, taking the fastest shower of my life. I decided on a pair of red skinny jeans and a white "The Office" shirt that displayed the Dunder Mifflin brand label in black, then just natural makeup. I shoved my phone and wallet it a little brown leather purse I'd got from my grandma at some point and I was ready to go.

"Wow, 25 minutes is actually fast," Elijah said as he shut the door. I raised my eyebrows.

"Why's that?"

"Because you look too good for it. It looks like you put in an hour's work."

I laughed.

"Okay, nice catch."

He laughed and walked over to Sam, leaving me with Awsten who had Tot on a leash.

"He's right, you do look really nice."

"Thank you." I smiled at him.

The day pretty much consisted of us going to different stores, fucking around until the owners got suspicious, then leaving. It was actually pretty nice, a good change to my normal routine of sleeping.

•••

"No, I'm dead serious. She fucking moves," Elijah yelled across the table, earning looks from other customers. We were eating outside (they wouldn't let Tot in the actual building) and talking about their haunted dolls, so he was getting worked up over it.

"Damn dude, it's like, 5 o'clock," Sam said, "we gotta get home."

Before we left I went to use the restroom, and on my way out there was a group of kids walking up the stairs. Because of the guard rails, there was a limited amount of room. Thinking they'd see that, I started walking down but was proved wrong when they slightly shoved me to the side. I got squished and my stomach, right under my ribs got pushed into the metal bar thingy really hard.