thirty seven|la

𝔸𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕟'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍

"It's fucking dope dude!" Elijah said, walking around in the semi-empty space.

We finished tour about a month ago and telling Charlie I was moving to another state that was a 23 hour drive away was heart breaking. She just moved to Houston and now I was leaving. But she said we'd be fine. We always were, right?

"Uh, hello? Earth to Awsten?" Elijah snapped in my face bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, sorry dude. Just thinking."

"I noticed. I was saying that I'm gonna have to get going, sorry. I'll help you move in on uh... Tuesday?"

"That's like a week from today," I laughed, "I wont need help by then."

He shrugged and looked down at his phone.

"How about.. Friday? I probably don't have going on then."

"Well, I certainly don't have anything going on. So sure, that works. Thanks dude.

"No problem," he said, waving and walking out. I had all of my stuff here, I just needed to build it. I just got back from shopping at Ikea and I decided that I have a hate-love relationship with that store. Elijah helped me put my bed together so I'd have somewhere to sleep and I just got it moved into my bedroom.

I didn't feel like putting together the book case shelf thingy. Grabbing my guitar, I walked in and sat on my bed. The new album was coming together, I think if we started recording soon it'd be out by October. We got signed to a different label which is super nice because our old one fucking sucked.

We recorded a song called Turbulent before I moved and it turned out amazing. I was finishing up the last song, Never Bloom Again, and then Otto, Geoff and I would start recording. I sighed and started playing the song, tears clouding my vision as I stared at the wall in front of me.

"You're not alone til' it stings like this, I'll fake asleep until I'm dreamin', I guess you messed me up I'll pay for this, and sleep it off without your kiss."

•••

I frowned and leaned up against the door.

"What do you mean?" I asked Geoff who sounded somewhat concerned over the phone.

I called him to say I'd finished Never Bloom Again a couple days ago but he was kinda freaking out about something.

"Like, Charlie won't answer her phone. I thought maybe it was broken but she would've stopped by to tell us."

I hadn't called Charlie in a couple days but we still texted every day?

"We've been talking all the time over text though, I'm sure she's fine. I think I'd know."

He started going on about "what if she's in real danger?". Probably his father instincts kicking in because he did feel like an older brother to Charlie.

"Alright, okay, calm down Geoff, I'm gonna call her right now. Just gimme a second."

I picked on Charlie's contact and let the phone ring. After about three calls, she finally picked up and sniffed. I felt my heart grow heavy.