twelve|talk

𝔸𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕟'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍

Okay, yeah, I fucked up. But I didn't know what else to do.

Charlie and I haven't talked in a very long time. Like, three months long time. It's just, I felt like I was starting to like her. But it was only 6 months after and I felt like it was too fast. So, of course, I just left. No warning, no reasoning.

Just seeing her face when I walked into her apartment with Geoff made me feel like shit. I was thinking about what to say, but I realized all of her hair was brown.

"Hey, where'd the red go?" I asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Red bleeds." She said. Damn.

Just then, a dude came in to Charlie's apartment. It was locked, but he got in without her opening it. My face kinda dropped. I wonder if they're dating?

I saw Charlie walk over to him, standing in front of him.

"James! Now before you-"

"WHY IS WATERPARKS IN YOUR APARTMENT!?" He yelled. Like, it was fucking loud.

"I'm uh, kinda friends with them?" she said, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Who's this?" I said, looking at them.

"Yeah, guys, this is my friend. His name is James and he loves your music."

He got all excited, running over to Geoff, then Otto, then finally, me.

"Wait," he said, turning back to Charlie, "when did you meet them?"

"Uhhhh almost a year ago at Warped Tour?"

"So when you came in a couple months ago staring at the screen and I said 'That's Waterparks', you..."

"Already knew them, yes." She said, grinning at him.

"Holy shit!" He laughed.

I rolled my eyes.

After a while of just messing around, we all sat down to watch a movie. It was a horror movie, of course, because Charlie picked it. Otto sat in a bean bag on the floor, Geoff sat in a chair, and Charlie sat between James and I on the couch. She would inch closer to me every time she jumped, but shuffle away when she realized how close we were.

About half way through the movie, James said he had to go. He stood up and Charlie stuck her hands out, asking to be pulled up. He smiled at her and grabbed her hands, pulling her up and close to him. I was waiting for them to kiss so I could finally just leave. But they didn't. They hugged and she plopped back down, pulling her legs up off the floor.

"I hate this." She said, leaning over and whispering to me.

"I thought you were mad at me?" I said.

"I kind of am, I'm just scared."

I smiled.

At least she's talking to me. I could work with that. I decided to not interrupt the movie and went into the kitchen to type out a text.

"right so here's the thing
when we hung out that one week, we got really close. i'm sure you know that. i was dealing with some feeling about people and you were one of them. i thought after her i wouldn't never fall in love again. but i like you and i didn't know how to work that out. i was also dealing with some family stuff, i was writing a new album, and everything was happening at once. so i didn't leave you because i didn't like you, i left because i liked you too much"