twenty three|emma knows

so like, wattpad went wack and deleted a bunch of my unpublished parts but i luckily had them saved in a google doc so all the text conversations are gone :(   they added fun character but i don't think i'm gonna do them anymore

***

I smiled at the sleeping boy on the other side of my laptop screen. I sat on my couch eating a bowl of cereal thinking about him falling asleep last night. It was halfway through saying something and he was really cute. This wasn't so hard. The boys had been gone for nearly a month and I FaceTime'd Awsten all the time. Sometimes he was busy which he'd explain as soon as he could, but a lot of the time he'd pick up.

Patty FaceTime'd me a lot so I could watch them preform but I never asked. He would just do it. I heard someone yelling Awsten's name, them open the curtain of his bunk.

"Aws- Oh hey Charlie!"

Jawn laughed really loud which woke up Awsten.

"Dude, fuck off."

"You two should just give it up and date, you pretty much already." Jawn laughed and walked away.

You have no idea.

Awsten smiled at me through the camera and shook his head. We kept to our promise and no one knows yet.

"You're wearing my shirt."

"You left it."

"Jawn?"

Oops. Jawn definitely saw it.

"Ohhhhhhhh welp."

Awsten laughed and I shook my head.

"Anyway, I should let you go. You gotta go do your rockstar thing and I have Emma coming over. I'll talk to you later."

Awsten pouted.

"Okay." He frowned.

"Hey, you only have like, two months left. A third way through."

"I just wanna cuddle you and Jet."

I smiled. He's so wholesome.

"I know."

He rolled out of his bunk and I heard a thunk. I laughed, but obviously made sure he was alright.

"Are you-"

"FUCK."

I laughed again.

"Are you okay?"

"I lost my balance and hit my head on Geoff's fucking guitar."

"You're not bleeding are you?"

"No." He sounded kinda angry.

"Awsten, it's okay. You'll definitely have a bump and a really bad headache. So just be careful around loud noise and try not to swing your head too hard. That'll make it worse, okay hun?"

He came back onto screen with a different shirt and gave me a thumbs up because he couldn't nod.

"I'll call you later, okay?"

I smiled.

"Alright."

"CHARLIE OPEN THE DOOR."

Awsten hung up and I closed the lid to my computer, walking over to the door.

"Did you even knock once?"

"NO BUT I WANTED TO SEE YOU BECAUSE I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN THREE DAYS AND- Is that a boy's shirt?"

I grabbed at the collar and twisted it.