forty|keys

𝔸𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕟'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍

I looked around and rubbed my eyes. I was laying down but my back was against the arm rest of the couch. Charlie had her head pressed into my chest, sleeping hard. I stretched my arms and I felt a pain in my back. I frowned. I checked my phone for the time, 5 am.

"Hey, Charlie." I rubbed her arm and she didn't budge. I smiled softly and attempted again.

"Babe, wake up." I shook her arm and she stirred.

"No."

I laughed.

"Well, I'm gonna roll you off of me. Good luck on the floor. 3, 2-"

"Okay, okay," she slowly flipped on her back and sat up.

I got up and heard my back snap.

"Gross."

I looked down at Charlie. Her hair was a complete mess and she very obviously just woke up. But it was cute.

I grabbed her hands and led her to her bedroom so she could sleep comfortably. I needed a glass of water, so I started walking out when I heard her quietly say "wait".

"Hmm?" I turned to her and she stuck her hand out.

I walked over confused, placing my hand in hers.

"Can you get my phone?"

I grinned.

"Of course."

I kissed her hand and she giggled, I heard her say "what a gentleman" as I walked away.

After I got my water and chugged it, I went to go find her phone. I sent her a text so the screen would light up, which it did. Her wallpaper was a picture of her poking me in the face. It was actually from a while ago, before we were dating. I had faded blue hair. Man was I a completely different person back then. So optimistic and happy. Not that I'm not happy now, I was just oblivious then.

I sighed and walked back into Charlie's room, plugging in her phone and placing it on the table beside her. I laid down and something stabbed me in the leg.

"Ow, fuck!" I whisper yelled before realizing I probably scared Charlie.

"Sorry, I think my key stabbed me in the leg."

I pulled it out but remembered my keys were out in the kitchen.

"Or... your key? My key to your place? I don't know actually."

Charlie sighed and cuddled up to me.

"This wouldn't be an issue if our keys went to the same door." She muttered, sleepily.

"Yeah, tell me about it."

She sat up and squinted at me.

"What?"

She laughed and ran her hand through my hair.