twenty|rory

i may or may not have forgot to upload this yesterday so yay surprise

***

My place was starting to come together. Emma and Jess had been over and were shocked at how nice it was. Which obviously made me happy. They commented about the space, the minimalistic and open concept, and all my plants. If your entire apartment is empty and boring, get plants. They're cute and liven up the place. But of course, that was all Chloe.

Over the past few weeks Chloe and I have gotten closer. I called her for organizing advice, and showed her each room as they were done. It was all through FaceTime because her mobility has gone down as she was further along in her pregnancy.

Grace and I have gotten closer too, but she's at work all day so I don't get to talk to her near as much as Chloe.

I wiped the sweat from my forehead and kept pushing my couch. I'm not saying I'm strong, but I can move furniture by myself. Except I'm kind of a noodle, still recovering from the effects of the breakup so I was having a difficult time. The mover dude helped me move some stuff around but he wasn't here and I no longer liked the layout.

Awsten said he would be over to help in an hour, but that was also three hours ago. My phone rang so I let up on my couch and walked over to the phone.

"Took you long enough," Awsten said.

"Well damn! I was moving furniture and-"

"Shit, I am so sorry but-"

"It's okay, what'd you need."

"Uh, Geoff called me earlier freaking out. Chloe's in labor."

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed, immediately running to change my clothes.

"Yeah," Awsten laughed, "she wants you here."

"OF COURSE!" I slipped a t-shirt on over my tank-top and sprayed perfume everywhere.

"Hospital on 28th, see you soon."

I ran downstairs and outside, jumping in my car and plugging in the address as I drove. My mind was racing. I was so happy for Chloe and Geoff. I missed the baby shower (obviously, as I didn't even know Chloe at the time) but she showed me all the stuff they got for Farore. Geoff picked the name of course, but it was adorable.

I pulled into the parking lot and ran inside, met by Awsten and Otto. I walked back with them into Chloe's room and she smiled as soon as she saw me.

"Hey babe!" She smiled and opened her arms to hug me.

"Hi!" I gently hugged her, then Geoff, and sat down in the seat next to Otto.

I was determined to stay with Chloe until Farore was born. I moved over to her and talked to her, asking how she was and all that. Only leaving the room when I had to, I knew it was going to be a long wait. A doctor came in and said everyone except Geoff and Chloe needed to leave. I stood up and followed Awsten out of the room. People were in and out, I met some family of Chloe and Geoff, but I didn't really know anyone other the the boys and Chloe. So I just stayed with Awsten the entire time.

I was talking to Chloe when a doctor came in and said she was ready. I squeezed her hand and walked out. I sat in the waiting room next to Awsten. As huge as this was, I was exhausted from moving shit earlier. I laid my head on Awsten's shoulder and drifted off to sleep.

•••

"Hey, Charlie." I heard someone softly whisper. "Wake up Charlie, Chloe wants you to meet someone." I opened my eyes and met with the pale purple haired boy. I sat up and stretched, taking his hand to lead me into the room where Chloe was resting in. As soon as I walked in, my eyes filled with tears.

A puffy eyed Geoff was leaning over Chloe, holding his daughter's hand. He was smiling so hard I thought his face was going to break.

"Hey Charlie, meet Farore." Chloe softly said.

"Rory for short." Geoff said, still staring at her.

Geoff picked her up and slightly reluctantly handed her to me. Which was understandable, I'm sure all he wanted to do was hold her.

I shifted the tiny human in my arms so her head was propped against my arm.

"Hi Rory," I whispered. I saw Awsten staring and smiling at me, but all I cared about was Rory. I handed her back to Geoff and he handed her back to Chloe.

We sat with them for another couple hours. I was so tired that my eyes were dry. I kept blinking, each blink getting longer.

"Hey uh, I think I'm gonna take Charlie home." Awsten said, standing up.

"No, it's okay, I can go by myself," I stood up slowly. I grabbed onto his shoulder for support because I got lightheaded.

"Yeah, okay. See you guys later. Congratulations Geoff, Chloe." He nodded at both of them.

I walked over and wrapped Geoff in a hug and he hugged back, squeezing me. I hugged Chloe and smiled at Rory.

"Congrats guys."

Awsten stuck his hand out and I placed my keys in it. He put them in his pocket but shook his head.

"No," he said reaching for my hand again, before intertwining our fingers as we walked out of the hospital. I told him where my car was and as soon as we got in, I closed my eyes. Right as I started to fall asleep, I heard Awsten say something.

"Hmm?"

"I said don't fall asleep yet, we're almost there."

I felt the movement of my body as the car drove over dips and bumps in the road. I focused on the road instead of falling asleep. Once the car started backing up slowly, I knew we were there. I opened my eyes and squinted because the light was on. I felt the door open slowly so I sat up and got out. Awsten locked it and I tried to wake myself up enough get up to my place.

We walked in and I headed over to the bathroom as Awsten shut the door and sat on the couch. I changed my clothes and walked out, then into my bedroom. I flopped on the bed and I heard footsteps come over to my bed.

"Move over."

I huffed and rolled over, feeling a dip next to me. I felt Awsten's arms wrap around me and his chest pressed against my back. I smiled.

"Are you sleeping in your clothes?"

"No shirt because it was kind of getting uncomfortable, but you're smaller than me so I don't have a choice for my pants. They're sweats anyway so I don't really care too much. But don't worry about me, go to sleep."

And so I did.

*𝕀𝕟𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕞*

chxrlie_hope

Liked by krisxmoon and 571 otherschxrlie_hope lifeView all 195 commentsemma

chxrlie_hope life
View all 195 comments
emma.marie PRETTY
chxrlie_hope @emma.marie THEY'RE MY BABIES
awstenknight WHERE ARE THESE?

***
(march 15, 2020)