forty nine|goodbye (for now)

I turned to Grace and grinned, happy that our plan worked. We had a laptop set up on a platform kind of in the middle of the venue so Chloe could watch Geoff play while still at home.

The opening band left and a voice told us this was our last break until the middle of the show so we should get water or go to the restroom or whatever we needed to do.

"Hey, Grace, I have to piss, could you get me a water?" I handed her a 5 dollar bill and she nodded, turning to go to the drinks.

I found my way to a calmer side of the venue. It was also darker, but I could still see. And I knew my way around here, I've been here before.

"Hey, miss, you can't be back here," a low voice boomed down the hall. I kinda tensed up.

"W-why?"

"This is band access only, you need to leave."

I rolled my eyes and luckily he didn't see because I'd probably get beat the fuck up if he did. My brain jumped to the obvious answer so I blurted out,

"Well, I know them."

Of course that didn't work. The guard chuckled dryly and reached for my arm.

"Yeah, I believe that."

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I do! I'm Awsten's girlfriend!"

He laughed at me again, making me more angry.

"Of course you are. Come on, you need to leave."

I walked with him but pulled out my phone to call Awsten. He picked up after a couple rings with a nervous sounding voice.

"Who're you talking to?" The guard said, noticing I was on the floor.

"Awsten," I said and he rolled his eyes and stopped walking, waiting for me to finish the phone call.

"What's going on Charlie, who're you talking to?" I heard from the other side of the phone.

"Well, I was on my way to the rest room down that hallway we were down earlier and a guard stopped me and now he's telling me I have to leave."

I heard him sigh and yell something to someone.

"Okay, we have like, 5 minutes until show time but that's enough to come get you. Are you still in the hallway?"

"Yeah, we stopped walking as soon as I called you."

"Okay, just stay there, I'll be there in like, 2 seconds."

Sure enough, a minute later, Awsten walked into the hallway. He saw me frowning at the guard and laughed.

"You just have horrible luck don't you?"

I laughed and nodded, feeling the dude let go of my arm.

"Yeah, uh, if you ever see her again, she's good. Don't worry about her."

The guard nodded and walked away, mumbling to himself. He stood at the entrance of the hallway so no one else came in here.

"Hey, thanks." I said to Awsten.

"No problem. I gotta go, see you after the show."

"Or during." He laughed and kissed me, making me smile.

"Good luck, I love you."

"Thank you, I love you too."

After that, while on my way to the bathroom, I caught eyes with the guard again and his facial expression was priceless.