Chapter 30

Peyton

Crap. How did he know? Kallie must have told him! She was the only one that knew. How could she do that?

I looked in his eyes and could tell he already knew the answer. He looked and probably felt so betrayed.

"Luke.."

"Don't Luke me Peyton. You had no business doing that!"

"Don't yell at me okay? I didn't mean to-"

"Didn't mean to what? Go behind my back and look through my phone? If you wanted to know something you could've asked me."

"You were smiling at your phone! I had to know who you were texting. I'm sorry that I didn't trust you but now I know that you're not at all what my ex was like." I said while grabbing his hand and looking in his eyes.

"Well that's great Peyton," he took his had out of my grip, "but now I don't know if I can trust you." And with that he walked away. I just ruined everything.

*next morning*

Last night sucked and I have an idea that today is going to suck too. I have no idea where Luke went after the party. I looked for him everywhere but couldn't find him. Shane drove me home and all I did all night was cry in my pillow. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I know what I did was wrong but I thought I was saving myself from heartbreak again. Now I just caused it. I sat up and saw through the tears in my eyes that Kallie was waking up.

"Peyton! What happened last night? Why won't you talk to me?"

"Like you don't know" I said while getting up and looking in the mirror.

I had on the outfit I was wearing when I first met Luke outside by my jeep. My gray soccer tournament shirt and black Nike sweats. I didn't wipe my makeup off so I had mascara running down my face and my hair was in awkward little curls. I was a mess.

"Pey, what do you mean? You haven't told me anything? Please let me help you."

"You've helped enough kallie! First you convince me that I should look through Luke's phone and then you tell him about it behind my back!"

"Peyton calm down. I didn't tell Luke anything! I wouldn't do that to you!"

"Really? Cause you were the only one that knew! I can't believe you'd do something like that and then lie to my face."

"Peyton I swear-"

"Don't. Leave me alone. We are no longer friends." I said while going out the door and slamming it behind me.

I don't even care if people see me sobbing. I went to Luke's dorm and hesitated to knock at first but then eventually did. It took a couple knocks before the door opened and my heart broke even more. Wait no. It shattered.

_________________________

A/N

Sorry, I know it's short but the next chapter is pretty long!

10 comments for a new update!!!!

Merry Christmas! Don't forget the reason for the season🙏😊

Please vote & comment! Love y'all!