Chapter 18

Peyton

I stepped out into the hallway and answered my phone. Why I answered it? I have no idea. I haven't talked to Shane since his stupid dare.

"Hello?"

"Hey Peyton, how's Luke?"

"How did you know?"

"Word gets around"

"Oh.."

"Yeah so.. Is he alright?"

"Look Shane I don't appreciate you calling me as if everything is alright. It's not. You failed me. You were supposed to be one of my good friends and you failed me."

"I was doing it for you Peyton!"

"For me? I told you that if me and Luke ever were a thing then I would wanna take it slow!"

"I know I just-"

"You what?"

"I didn't call to argue with you but there is something I have to tell you.. Meet me tonight for dinner?"

"Why can't you just tell me now?"

"This needs to be said in person."

I sighed. "Fine. Just text me i guess"

I hung up the phone and leaned against the wall. What does he have to tell me? Gooooodnesss. Boys literally give me a headache. I walked back into Lukes room just as the doctor was walking out.

"You okay?" Luke asked as I plopped down in the chair next to his bed.

"Yeah.. I'm fine. The real question is are you okay?"

"Peyton you don't have to worry about me."

"Yes I do.."

"Why? I get that the doctors called you and you feel like you should be here but you really don't have to. I'm fine"

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"They said my contact was open on your phone when they found it. Were you gonna text me before you crashed..?"

He didn't answer me. And the look on his face looked like he didn't want me here anymore.

"You feel guilty" he said after a couple minutes of silence.

"What?"

"That's why you're here. You feel guilty"

"Luke no.. That's not it."

"Then what is it Peyton? You're confusing the hell outta me. One minute your smiling at me and dancing with me and locking fingers with me and the next you're glaring at me and being snotty. What is it with you? I can't win"

I kinda just sat there stunned. He's right.

He sat up so we were face to face.

"It's not good for your head. Lie down."

"Why do you care? I'm nothing to you."

"Luke please don't be like that." I said while kinda raising my voice. Now he's really ticking me off.

"What? I'm telling the truth. Something that you need help doing."

"I can't even believe you right now. I'm trying to be here for you and you're being a jerk!"

"Being a jerk? I just want the truth Peyton!"

"The truth? Fine! I care! I care about you and when I got that phone call my heart dropped to my stomach. I couldn't help but think that you wouldn't be okay and that I wouldn't get to tell you how I feel but now that I get the chance to its a little harder than I thought. I had my heart broken before and I don't want that to happen again. I'm sick of not feeling good enough and honesty I feel that way around you. You have girls fawning over you. Why are you stuck on me?"

_________________________

A/N

Peyton & Luke give me a headache. What do y'all think??

comment & vote for a new update!!😘😘