Chapter 5

Peyton

I feel so awkward standing here.. He probably thinks I'm a snot for the way I treated him. I turned around trying to see if I could find Shane but I didn't see him anywhere. Its only a matter of time until Luke notices me. Or maybe he already did! "Im gonna go get another drink! Ill be right back" I shouted to Kallie over the music.

"Okay! Hurry back!" She said while she was still dancing to the music. Ha, don't think that will happen but okay. I made my way back to the bar and ordered another drink.

"There you are" I heard a familiar deep voice say. I turned around and Shane was standing behind me

"Sorry about that. Kallie loves dragging me around"

He chuckled. "No worries. Im just glad I found you again"

I smiled and the bartender handed me my drink.

"So, do you come here to listen to him often?" I asked while leaning up against the bar and taking a sip of my drink.

"I've been here a couple times. Hes a pretty cool guy though."

"You're friends with him?"

"Yeah I've seen him at a couple parties and we've talked"

I nodded my head and looked over at Luke. I gotta say, he has a really good voice.

"Why? Do you two have a thing?"

"Me and Luke? Oh no. I don't even know him"

"But you like him" He said while wiggling his eyebrows.

I nudged his arm and laughed.

"I have zero interest in anybody right now"

"And whys that?"

"I didn't have the best of luck with my last boyfriend and just don't wanna go through all that again"

"Yeah.. I feel ya.. me and my boyfriend didn't work out either. We actually ended things a couple days ago"

When he said that I nearly spit out my drink.

"Your boyfriend?" I asked curiously

"Yes.. didn't expect that did ya?"

"Actually no.. I would have never guessed"

"Yeah, I shocked a lot of people."

I chuckled. "Aw boys. They're just bad news."

"Cheers to that" He said while holding up his drink to me. I cant believe hes gay. He doesn't look anything like a gay guy would look.. and he doesn't sound like it..

'Thanks yall for comin out. It means a lot!" Luke said before going off the little stage thingy.

"Oh shoot..I should probably get back to Kallie. See ya around!" I said to Shane.

"Yeah, I hope so" He said while giving me that smile that gave me chills earlier.

I walked back over to Kallie. She was sitting with a guy. That must be Carter. Another guy was sitting with them and OH MY GOSH. ITS LUKE. I quickly turned around but Kallie saw me.

"Peyton! Come here!"

Great. Why does this have to happen? I turned back around and walked over to them. Luke smiled at me and I glared at him. Jeez Peyton.. be nice.. stop glaring.

"This is Carter and this is Luke." Kallie said while getting up and pulling me over towards them.

"Uh.. Hi.. nice to meet you" I said while shaking Carters hand. I shook Lukes next as if I didn't already meet him. He gripped onto my hand and squeezed it. I faked a smile as he winked at me. Wow. He's really tryin hard isn't he?

"Me and Carter are gonna go dance! We'll be back in awhile" Kallie said. I tried giving her the "please don't leave me" look but she obviously didn't catch on because she ran off with Carter to the dance floor. Greaaaat. I'm alone.. With Luke.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: Sorry it took so long to update!! I'm trying to get as much written as I can! Thanks for all the votes y'all! Please keep voting and commenting! Thanks!☺