Chapter 27

Peyton

I hesitated to grab his phone at first. I mean am I really gonna do this? Yes. Yes I am. Luke is mine now and I'm not gonna let some girl come between us. I grabbed Lukes phone and typed in his password. I went right to his messages and the last person he texted was a girl named Susie...

From Susie

Hey big guy. Heard about the accident. You doin okay?

To Susie

Yeah I'm fine. Thanks for asking.

From Susie

Well I'm glad you're fine because we need to get together again! 😉

To Susie

Ahaha actually I can't..

From Susie

Why not? Do you have a girlfriend?

To Susie

Actually yeah I do

From Susie

Well it's not bad if we just hang out.. Come on..😔

To Susie

Susie I really can't. I'm sorry. Have a nice night.

There were more texts from her but that's all I needed to see. Gosh. I can't believe I would even think Luke would do anything like that to me. I feel so terrible for doing this. I should've just trusted him. I locked his phone and put it back where it was. When I walked back in my dorm Kallie and Carter were sitting on Kallies bed. It looked like they were waiting for me or something.. If Kallie told Carter about what I just did I'm screwed.

"Well see ya later babe" Kallie said while practically pushing Carter out the door. He gave me a confused look and I just laughed. Can she be anymore obvious that we're up to something?

"Kallie please tell me you didn't tell Carter..."

"Oh gosh no! I'm not stupid! Now how did it go?!"

"I read them and some girl was asking him to hang out and he told her no.."

"Really? Oh my gosh!! That's awesome! See I knew he wouldn't hurt you like that"

"I know. I don't know what I was thinking."

"Well now do you feel better?"

"No.. I feel terrible. I should've just trusted him ya know?"

"You have a right to have suspicions. You've been hurt before so I mean I don't blame you."

I just sat there and thought about the messages.

"Do you think she was an ex?" I asked Kallie after a few minutes of silence.

"I mean maybe.."

"I wonder when the last time they were together was.. I mean why would she just now text him?"

"I don't know.. Maybe she's lonely"

"I'm gonna find her"

"What..?"

"I'm gonna find her"

"Yeah I heard you, why are you gonna find her?"

"I don't know just to tell her that she needs to back off"

"Hmm I don't know about that one.."

"I'll just ask Shane if he knows her and maybe I can get a few details."

"Shane?"

"Yeah we're going to lunch tomorrow." Kallie gave me a disappointed look.

"What?"

"How is you hanging out with Shane any different than Luke hanging out with that girl?"

"Because Shane is-" I stopped myself before I told her he was gay. He'd probably kill me.

"He's what?"

"My bestfriend. I don't like him"

"Peyton, do you really think Luke is gonna be okay with that?"

"Does he really have to know?"

"Don't be a hypocrite"

"I'm kidding. And fine ill cancel it because all I wanna do is spend time with my very hot and faithful boyfriend"

"Puke"

"Oh whatever. What happened with you and Carter? Was tonight your night?"

"Yes! We had the best time at dinner. He's such a gentlemen except I don't think it's very gentlemen like to do it in the back of his truck but I mean-"

"Gross Kallie shut up"

"His hands were the best part-"

"Kallie!!" I said while throwing my pillow at her.

She laughed and threw it back. "You asked"

"Not for all the details" I said while getting my phone out. I texted Luke.

To Luke

"Goodnight babe.. Can't wait to see you tomorrow😊"

I don't know... It just feels good to know your boyfriend can say no to other girls.

_________________________

A/N

Sorry I had to keep rewriting this chapter because I kept getting new ideas. It's still not very good but the next chapters will make it way better 😊😊

please keep voting & commenting!!!

Love y'all 😊💘