Chapter 23

Peyton

1 week later

Things have been great with Luke.. Last week he called his mom and told her everything that happened. Lets just say she didn't take it well. Luke's brother passed away in a car accident so I don't blame her for doing what she did. Luke and I are official. I wouldn't say it's the most romantic way of wanting me to be his girlfriend.. More like a way where I couldn't say no but it was still sweet..

Flashback

"So.. Are you going to school this week at all?" I asked Luke who had his eyes glued to the TV.

"Yeah I probably should..-" he started but stopped because his phone started ringing. He picked his phone up and his eyes got huge.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's my mama.. I forgot to tell her about the accident.."

"Luke! How could you forget?! Answer it!"

Luke

I didn't exactly forget to tell my mama about the accident.. I'm just too nervous to! Knowing my mama she'll probably drag me by the ear and make me come back home.

"If you don't do it I will. She's your mom Luke! Answer it"

I sighed and answered the phone. "Hey mama"

"Hey boy! Why haven't you called me lately?"

"Uhh .. I was kinda busy I guess"

"Yeah, I guess in your senior year of college you'd be pretty busy"

"Not with school.."

Peyton gave me a funny look and mouthed "just say it"

"Luke what in the world are you talking about?"

"I got in a car accident.. Not a bad one! Just broke my leg and a couple scratches and bruises. I'm fine mama"

She didn't say anything. It was silent on the other end of the phone until I heard sniffles. She was crying.

"Mama I'm okay. Really"

"Luke you got in a car accident and didn't think you needed to tell your own mama?! You're not okay! You have a broken leg and you think you're okay?! You know what happened to your brother Luke and it would kill me if I lost my other little boy! It's not just a matter of you being okay, it's a matter of you being too selfish to tell the people that care about you"

"Mama I'm sor-"

"No you're not sorry! I'm comin down there"

"What?"

"I'm leaving right now"

Before I could say anything she hung up. I looked up at Peyton and she was leaning on my dresser with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Yikes"

"Yeah yikes.. I should've told her. I'm such an idiot"

She walked over and put her arms around me.

"Well you're right about the idiot part.."

I gave her a funny look and she smiled.

"Kidding but.. maybe she would've freaked out a little less if you would've told her sooner. Now she probably feels like she has to worry about you"

"Yeah I know.. I just didn't wanna scare her or stress her out"

"You're her son Luke. She loves you and needs to know everything that's going on with you rather you like it or not"

I turned my head and kissed her cheek.

"You're staying here while she's here so you can be a suspect of my murder"

She threw her head back and laughed. "I don't know.. I might need to help her"

*couple hours later*

The thing I was dreading is now happening. My mamas here. This is not how I wanted my mom to meet Peyton. I was getting up to get the door but Peyton beat me to it.

"I'll get it" she said.

She walked over and opened the door to reveal my very pissed off mama.

"Thomas Luther I cannot believe you! Look at this. Black eye, broken leg, scratches on your arm."

"Mama please. Lemme take care of myself for once. I don't look fine but I am"

"I try letting you take care of yourself Luke and look where that got you. You think you'd be a little careful on the road considering what happened to your brother!"

"Mama I know and I'm sorry okay? Damn get over it!" I snapped. Just then I felt a sting against my cheek. She slapped me. Right in front of Peyton. My head jerked to the side and I kinda just sat there. I deserved that.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that boy"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I just want you to trust me mama. I love you and I'm glad that you care about me but I'm okay.."

She just stood there and kinda looked around like she was trying to find words to say. Her eyes stopped at Peyton and she looked confused.

"Hello there dear. I'm so sorry. You must think I'm a bat out of hell"

"No no.. You did nothing wrong! I don't blame you."

Mama smiled and shook her head. "I'm LeClaire, Lukes mama as you can tell."

"I'm Peyton"

"Peyton's been with me in the hospital and since I got out."

"Well Luke you didn't tell me your girlfriend was gonna be here! I would've made a better impression"

Peyton was gonna say something but I cut her off. "Yes, she's a wonderful girlfriend that I wouldn't trade for anything"

Peyton smiled and her cheeks got red. Gosh she's beautiful. I love making her blush.

"Well Peyton thank you for being here for my boy. It's really appreciated."

"Of course. Always here to help"

Mama cooled down a little after talking to Peyton and eventually left. I love my mama to death but she really scares me when she's mad. She's a whole different person.

"Thomas Luther?" Peyton asked.

"Never call me that"

"Aw why not? It's cute."

"You're cute"

"Thanks boyfriend" she said while winking at me.

I pulled her into my lap and brushed her hair behind her ear. "I was being serious when I said that. I fought too hard for you and I can't wait anymore. I need you to be mine."

"I knew you weren't kidding. I'm yours."

• End of flashback

________________________

Thoughts? Comment & vote for a new update!!

xoxoxox😊💘