Chapter 36

Peyton

Luke has literally been in his doctor appointment for like 4 hours.... Okay maybe not 4 hours.. More like 30 minutes but that's still a long time. My stupid phone died so I've been sitting in this waiting room with nothing to do. So many little kids have been running around me and some will just simply stand in front of me and stare like I'm some weird alien.

After one kid puking in his moms lap, 2 kids fighting over a toy, and an adult tripping over the rug in front of the entrance later, Luke came crutchin out.

"Finally" I said while standing up and grabbing my purse. "You so owe me."

"It wasn't even that long ya big drama queen"

"You were in their for like 45 minutes! You have no idea what I went through"

He just chuckled and shook his head.

"Yeah you chuckle now but just wait until I tell you allll about it"

"Its okay. I wouldn't wanna make you live through that again"

We finally made it to my jeep after walking about 5 miles. Did I forget to mention that this parking lot is almost as big as the Savanna? And of course I got a far away parking spot because this place is so busy.

"Thank you for taking me" he said as he leaned in to kiss my cheek.

"Anything for my little crip" I said as I plugged my phone into my car charger. As soon as I heard the little ringtone go on signifying that my phone was turning on I started my car and pulled out of the fricken jungle.

"So what were y'all talkin about for so long?" I asked.

"Penile implants"

"Wow that's sad." I said while laughing. Goodness how did he even think of that.

"Are you kidding me? Ever since last night I was really thinkin about it and if you think I'm big now just wait-"

"I HATE YOU" I yelled. If I could suck all the memories from last night out of his brain then I would gladly do it.

"It's too funny not to. You should get drunk more often"

"Do you want me to pull over and make you walk?"

"I love you"

"Yeah you better-" I was interrupted by my phone vibrating. I looked at my screen and saw that I had a couple missed calls from my mom. She's probably just checking in.

"Who was it?"

"Missed calls from my mom"

"Why don't you call her back?"

"She always talks a lot. I'll call her later when I have time to talk"

I parked my jeep in my normal parking spot and got out. When we got to my dorm I checked my phone and saw my mom called me 10 more times in the last 20 minutes. Honestly this has to count for harassment.

I called her back and she answered right on the first ring.

"PEYTON!" She said panicked.

"What mom? Is everything okay?"

"No honey, it's your dad. He had a heart attack this morning"

In that moment my heart dropped to my stomach and my mouth dropped open. I couldn't move. I didn't know what to do. How could I when my dad could possibly be dying?

Luke stood up and gave me a weird look. "You okay?" He mouthed to me.

I slowly nodded my head no and he rushed over to me. I dropped my head into his chest but didn't cry. I don't why but I just can't. At this point I'm just in complete shock. My dad is my best friend. He's done everything for me and I could never imagine my life without any of my parents. How could this happen?

After a good amount of me just standing there with my head dug into Lukes chest and hearing my mom yell my name from the phone I finally backed away and put the phone back up to my ear.

"I'll be there soon." Is all I said before I hung up the phone.

"I'm going with you"

"No, stay here"

"No you're not going by yourself"

"Luke please, this isn't how I want you to meet my family"

"Peyton I'm not-"

"Please... Stay here. I'll be back soon and I'll call you I promise. Please?" I said while grabbing his hands. I wanted him to go with me more than anything but there's no telling how long I'll be gone.

He sighed and pulled me into a hug. "Fine. But please be safe and call me."

"Of course" I pulled away and leaned up to kiss him.

"He's gonna be okay baby."

I cracked a smile at him. I really hope he's right.

__________________________

A/N

Hey sorry for the delay 😁 but yay for an update!

Please vote and comment!

10= new update!

Love y'all❤️😊