Chapter 29

Peyton

I immediately stopped moving and turned and looked at Luke. I could tell he was trying to act calm. Kallie gave me a weird look but I just ignored it and went to help Luke out. I can't act suspicious because then Luke will know I know something. All I can do is walk in this girls house and be as nice to her as possible. Well I can try to anyway. I grabbed Lukes crutches as he hopped out of the jeep and handed them to him.

"Thanks baby."

"Of course." I said while smiling and giving him a passionate kiss on the lips. Just in case Susie can see us. And because he's just so darn cute.

"Oh my gosh Luke! So glad you're here!" Susie greeted Luke as we approached her front door. She gave him a hug and he just kinda stood there awkwardly. Like he didn't know if he should hug her back or not.

"Uh this is my girlfriend Peyton." Luke said after Susie finally let him go. He grabbed my hand and I smiled at him.

"Hi! I've been wanting to meet you! Luke has said so much about you." She said while giving me the biggest hug. I met her like 2 minutes ago and I already hate her.

"Well I hope it's all good stuff." I said with the nicest tone possible.

"Oh of course! We always text good stuff."

Okay I'm about to lose it.

"Peyton, Luke! Get in here!" Kallie shouted from inside the house.

Saved by the Kallie.

"Ready babe?" I asked Luke.

"Yeah. See ya later Susie."

"What were y'all doin?" Kallie asked as we got inside.

"Oh nothing." I said while walking over to the alcohol. I poured vodka into solo cup and chugged it.

"Well well well. If it isn't little miss perfect Peyton." I heard from behind me. I instantly knew who it was and turned around.

"Shane!" I said while jumping in his arms.

"Okay 3 questions here. First one, why are you drinking straight up vodka all alone, two where's Luke? And three did you do something new with your hair?"

I laughed and sat down next to him on a bar stool. "Well Susie the girl who lives here is one of Lukes exes and she was texting him not too long ago and I didn't know she lived here until we got here. She was totally flirting with Luke right in front of me so a couple cups of vodka sounds good to me. And I have no idea where he is. He's probably with some of his buddies that he hasn't seen because he's been on bed rest and no I did nothing new with my hair."

"You can tell I haven't seen you in a long time when I forget that you talk a lot.."

"Shut up!" I said while nudging his arm. " I have so much to tell you."

I told him about how I looked at Lukes phone and how I feel guilty about it.

"Well you should feel guilty! A guy needs his privacy."

"Okay Kallie told-" he cut me off.

"Okay there it is. I knew that had Kallie written all over it" he laughed and reached over the table to get another beer. "But who cares."

"What?"

"Who cares that they dated."

"Uh.. Me?"

"Why?"

"Because he's my boyfriend and I don't want another girl liking him!"

"Key word. Boyfriend. If you really trust Luke AFTER you snuck on his phone then do you really think anything is going on between them? I mean the guy went through hell to get with you Pey."