Chapter 38

Peyton

It feels like I've been sitting in this chair for days but it's only been a couple hours.

My dad was still just lying there.. My mom and Seth went to go get snacks for what's probably gonna be a long couple of days or weeks. My dad is the kind of person who doesn't like to make a big fuss out of things. He doesn't like a whole lot of attention so my mom only called me and my brother. No other family members or friends know about this and if it's up to my dad, they never will.

I looked at my dads pale face. He's always been lucky enough to have tan skin even in the winter so seeing him this pale is scary. His dark brown hair looked like it was growing more and more gray.

"Any luck?" I heard a familiar voice ask.

What. The. Actual.

I looked up and saw Luke leaning against the door.

I looked at him shocked, not sure what to say.

"I couldn't just stay there knowing that you're an emotional mess. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I did?"

At this point I don't know if Luke is actually here or if I'm delusional..

"Come on with the questions. I know you have some."

I stood up and slowing walked over to him. My face had confusion written all over it. I touched his face and felt his prickly little cheeks.

"You're real.." I mumbled.

He gave me a smile filled with sorrow and pulled me in a hug. "Yes. I'm real"

I broke down in his arms. He of course made everything so much better but I just wish my dad could meet him. I know he would love Luke and I was really looking forward to introducing them.

"He didn't get to meet you" I sobbed.

"Hey.. Baby.. Look at me."

"No.. I-"

He cut me off and pulled my chin up. He swiped my tears away with his thumb and kissed me. "You are the toughest and most impatient girl I've ever met. Look at him baby. He's alive, he's breathing. Give him some time and he'll wake up and when he does wake up, I'll meet him"

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I hate to admit it but he was right, I am impatient. I just hate seeing him like this.

"You look so much like him and your brother." Luke said while looking over at my dad.

"How do you know what my brother looks like?"

"I saw him walk out of here that's how I found this room. Y'all could be twins"

I chuckled. "Yeah when we were little my family referred to us as the twins."

"Called it"

"Are you sure you're not some stalker or something?"

Even though I had just insulted him, Luke got the biggest smile on his face. "That's the kind of attitude I like"

"I'm so happy you're here Luke"

"I'll always be here for you. Always" He kissed my forehead and I pulled him into another tight hug.

Being in his arms makes me forget about everything that's going on around me for a splint second.

"Peyton?"

The sound of my moms voice scared the crap outta me. Luke and I jumped away from each other like we were teenagers forbidden from each other.

"Hey mom, um.. This is Luke.. Luke this is my mom" I said while awkwardly rubbing my hands on my thighs. I don't know why but this actually does feel really weird.. It might be because I kinda forgot to mention to my family that I was dating Luke.. But that's okay.. What Luke doesn't know won't kill him.

She looked so confused. I gave her the look that says 'ask questions later' because I knew she had many questions in that big mind of hers.

"Oh um.. hello Luke."

Luke offered his hand out to her. She hesitated at first but took it and they shook hands.

"I'm sorry we have to meet like this Mrs. Becker but for what it's worth I'm very happy we get to"

She looked at me and then back at Luke and smiled. Tyler was never this polite.

"Please, call me Lacy sweetie." She said with a smile.

"Of course." Luke said while letting go of her hand.

Well that went well.. I think.

"Where's Seth mom?" I interrupted. I could sense the awkwardness. My mom loves everyone and is really open to meeting new people but right now she was stressed and the only thing she cared about was my dad.

"Oh he stopped at home to get some overnight clothes. He's gonna stay here with your dad. I thought maybe we could go home tonight and come back in the morning."

I did not want to leave my dad but now is not the time to argue with my mom. It's never the time to argue with your parents and it took me until my dad was lying helpless in a hospital bed to figure that out.

"Okay, sounds good" I agreed.

I wish that coming back tomorrow wasn't even an option. I wish that he would just wake up and tell me he's gonna be okay and that everything's gonna be okay.

I felt Luke wrap his arms around me making me forget my thoughts. "Go ahead." He said referring to my tears that I was trying so hard not to let fall.
__________________________

A/N
Hey y'all! Sorry I'm leaving ya hangin again 😁 Thank you all so much for the sweet comments! Y'all are awesome!!😘😘 I'm writing the next chapter and hope to have it up within the next couple days!

Please don't forget to comment & vote!

10 comments = new update!