Chapter 20

Peyton

"Pey.. Pey.. Peyton!" I heard as I was being shook. I squinted my eye open to see kallie standing over me.

"Huh?"

"You told me to wake you up."

"Ughh" I groaned while sitting up. Gosh it felt so good to sleep in a bed and not a chair.

"Where are you going tonight?"

"Shane's taking me to dinner. He has to tell me something that has to be said in person I guess."

"Ooh better let him know you're taken."

"Kallie! I'm not taken"

"You will be. You kissed Luke, felt sparks. You're basically taken"

Yes Kallie knows about the kiss. She got it out of me. I don't know how but she did.

"He most likely hates me. He called me stubborn, said he couldn't win with me, and also said I was only at the hospital with him because I felt guilty."

"Well hes right about the stubborn part.."

"Kallie!"

"What? It's either you like him or you don't. And you do! So many girls have their eyes on Luke and he has his eyes on you. Get him before the boy is gone."

Get him before the boy is gone.. Hmm she has a point. But still! He hasn't even asked me out. Doesn't that mean something?

"I have to get ready." I said while getting up and heading to the bathroom.

-----------------------

"So.. What do you have to tell me?" I asked Shane after we were seated.

"My day was great thanks for asking."

I gave him a glare and sat back. "You said you had to tell me something. So tell me."

"I'm sorry for the other night okay? I didn't mean to fail you. I was just thinking of you."

"Thinking of me? That's the one thing I didn't wanna do"

He sighed and rubbed his temple. "The truth?"

"The truth."

"I was doing it for me."

"I'm not following.."

"I've fallen for you and I tried my hardest to ignore these feelings but they just won't go away. I thought maybe if you kissed Luke then maybe you'd realize that you do like him and then y'all would start to have a thing and then I'd know for sure that I wouldn't have a chance"

I just sat there and stared at him. He's not making any sense.

"Am I being punked? Did Luke hire you?"

"What?"

"Shane, you're gay. Remember?" I said as quietly as I could.

"Yeah I remember. Guys.. I don't know. I don't feel like myself when I'm with them.. I haven't liked a girl in years. So I don't know what's going on with me!"

"Shane.. My life is already complicated as it is right now.. Please just go sleep with Reagan or something and get over me because quite frankly I just need you as a friend right now. No hard feelings I just really loved having you as my best friend."

"Me too. I missed it. Please don't be mad at me anymore."

I grabbed his hands and smiled. "I'm not. You're forgiven. And these feelings you're feeling are all in your head. I am not someone you should be falling for right now."

"And why's that?"

"I don't know.. I just think I need to be focusing on me and Luke right now."

"Luke?"

"Yeah.. He kissed me earlier and I don't know.."

"What do you mean you don't know? Did you like it?"

"Yeah.. I did.. That's why I don't know what to do! My mind is telling me to do one thing and my heart is telling me to do another.."

"What's your mind telling you?"

"To stay away. I've already been through heartbreak and I don't want that again"

"Your heart?"

"Telling me that I like Luke and the only thing that would break my heart is seeing him with someone else."

"Listen to your heart.. You can't stay away from relationships forever! Luke likes you, you like Luke.. Go for it. Stop being scared Peyton."
______________________

A/N

thoughts? What do y'all think?!

Comment & vote for a new update!!💋💘🌟