Chapter 39

Peyton

"We are here today to show our love and support for Nicolas Becker's very precious family. Not only have we sensed our own personal feelings of loss over Nicholas's passing, but our hearts have been drawn towards them, and will continue to be with them." Pastor Darren spoke to all our family and friends.

We were all outside surrounding my dad's coffin getting ready to put him in the ground.

For some reason, it all of a sudden got really windy. It's almost like it was my dad walking around me trying to screw with me. He's always been a jokester.

The pastors words were going right through me. It's like I couldn't even hear anything he was saying because I didn't want to believe my dad was gone.

"May he rest in peace." He finished.

Luke put his arms around me and kissed the side of my head. "Everything's gonna be okay baby."

"No it's not.. My dad is dead. How can you say that? Nothing's gonna be okay!" I screamed.

Everybody was starring at me. "What?! What do you people want? He doesn't even want you guys here! Go! Go now!"

"Peyton, maybe you should go.. Come on" Luke said while grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the car.

"No," I said through gritted teeth, "let me go. This is my dad! I'm staying here!"

"Peyton dammit lets go! You're the one that killed him for goodness sake! Do you really think he wants his murderer here?" Luke yelled. He gave me a devious look, like he was starring right into my soul.

"Wh..What?" I muttered.

"You killed him! Get out of here! No one wants you!"

"I didn't kill him Luke! What are you talking about? Please stop saying that!"

"All of the phone calls you missed and didn't return, the short conversations you have on the phone, less and less calls and messages each day since you left for college. His little girl is acting too good for him. He couldn't take it, he had a heart attack and its your fault." Luke said with clenched fists. He was so furious and everyone around us looked the same as he did. Like he wanted to kill me...

"That's not true.." I mumbled looking down.

"Yes it is," he came and grabbed my shoulders. He pushed me back until we got to the edge of the street. "You need to leave. Your own dad doesn't want you here."

"No! Stop it!!" I said while pushing him off me and into the street. He wobbled a little trying to catch his balance.

"You did this." He said.

"LUKE NO!!!!"

An oncoming bus was coming. They tried to stop but couldn't and hit Luke. I could see his neck snap as he flew through the air and hit the ground.

"LUKE!" I screamed as I sat up in bed. I was so sweaty and could hardly catch my breath.

I looked around and saw that I was in my bedroom at my parents house. I sighed in relief.

It was just a dream.

Luke shot up and grabbed my hand. "What? What's wrong?" He looked at me panicked.

"Nothing... Just a bad dream." I panted still trying to catch my breath. That has to be the most real and detailed dream I've ever had..

I laid back down on Lukes chest making sure to squeeze my arms a little more tighter around him.