Chapter 34

Peyton

Being surrounded by people cheering Luke on and enjoying his performance just as much as I am is amazing. Luke definitely came back even better. His voice is so perfect.

"I soooo missed this!" Kallie yelled in my ear while continuing to dance.

Luke was singing while sitting on a stool but it felt like he was jumping around everywhere with all the adrenaline. He's the perfect entertainer.

"Thanks y'all are the best!" Luke said after he finished his last song.

Everyone clapped and shouted for him. Carter helped him get down and I walked over to him.

"You're amazing." I said while hugging him.

He looked down at me and I went on my tip toes to kiss him.

"You're amazinger"

"So cheesy."

"But you love it"

"You're right." I said before kissing him again.

"Luke! You were amazing!" Kallie said while rushing over to us and hugging Luke.

"Thanks Kal"

Luke grabbed his crutches and we headed over to the bar. We were gonna have a good time tonight no matter what.

"How about we play a game where we find out how many beers it takes to get drunk!" Carter told us. I'm pretty sure he was already buzzed.

"Sounds good to me!" Luke yelled and all his buddies around us shouted. Me and Kallie looked at each other and laughed.

"Here ya go little miss underage." Luke said as he handed me a beer. I laughed and nudged his arm.

"Do you really want to have this talk again old man?"

"Ouch. Hurts every time."

We made our way over to where everyone was dancing. Luke kept getting compliments on his performance tonight by the people that were around us.

He couldn't get that huge grin off his face if he tried. I love seeing him this happy.

"Hey beautiful." Shane said while walking towards me.

"Hey! When did you get here?"

"I've been here! He's awesome."

"Yeah he is. But you know what else is awesome?"

"What?"

"All these hot guys tonight." I said while winking at him.

His cheeks turned a bright pink. "I hate you."

I nudged his shoulder and laughed. "Aw come on, loosen up and find yourself a one nighter."

"Yeah okay. Let me just go around and make sure one of these guys are gay so I can flirt with them." He said sarcastically.

Luke came back over to me after talking to some of his friends that I've never met before.

"Hey Luke great job tonight."

"Thanks man. Appreciate it"

"Well I'm gonna head back over to Sam but I'll see you soon." Shane said.

"Okay see ya. And remember what I told you." I said with a smirk. He scoffed and walked back over to the bar.

I turned to Luke and put my hands on my hips. "Well hey Mr. Popular. Finally have time for me?"