Chapter 22

Peyton

Luke pulled away and rested his forehead on mine.

"I was beginning to think you'd never let me do that" he said.

I smiled and kissed him again while pushing him back on his bed. Partly because I didn't think it was comfortable for him to stand on one leg and partly for my enjoyance. He scooted back with his hands and I climbed in his lap. All this happened without us breaking the kiss. I straddled him and grabbed his cheeks. Gosh how did I not do this before?! I knew deep down that I wanted to but I didn't. Biggest mistake ever. I guess now I'm just letting it out. We pulled back to catch our breath and looked at each other. Luke had the biggest grin on his face and I could tell I was blushing. I leaned over a little so I could lift my leg up to get off him but he held me close to him.

"Don't leave"

"I wasn't gonna. I was just on going to sit on the edge of the bed."

"I like it better with you right here"

I laughed and adjusted myself. I had one leg on him and the other one on the bed. There wasn't much room on here so like half my body was on him.

"Did you ever think we'd ever be here like this?" He asked me.

I laughed a little. "Nope never..."

"I mean I thought once you left me at the hospital that my chance with you was over"

"I'm really sorry about that.."

"Nah, don't be. Lets not talk about the past"

"I like that idea"

"So lets talk."

"Isn't that what were doing..?"

"I mean like tell me about yourself, we haven't really gotten to know eachother"

"Okay well.. I'm from Kentucky.. My parents built a house on a ranch when I was 4 and we've lived there ever since.. I have an older brother that's 24 and I'm not your typical 'kentucky girl'.. I have my moments where I can be a total girly girl and where I will be the first one to jump in a mud puddle. I guess it just depends. And being healthy is very important to me so I try to do a lot of cardio but then again I love bacon and donuts so I usually just gain the weight back in the meantime.. Oh and I also have mood swings, not often but 1 minute ill love you and the next ill wanna rip your brains out and no, before you ask, I'm not bipolar."

"Somehow I already knew about the mood swings.."

"Whatever! You're turn" I said while nudging his arm.

"Okay so.. I'm the youngest of 3. I have an older sister and an older brother who passed away a couple years ago.. The day he passed I was gonna go to Nashville but put that on hold to be with my family so I work on my dads peanut farm and obviously go to college here.. I have 2 nieces and my sister is expecting another one so then ill have a nephew.. Uhh.. I love music and hope to make it in the business someday. And I'm a man of his word."

He said that last apart a little too confidently.

"Hmm a man of his word huh?"

"You know it"

"A little cocky don't ya think?"

"Oh did I forget to mention I can be a little cocky at times?"

"Yeah, you did but somehow I already knew that" I said in a mocking voice.

We continued to sit and talk about our childhood and parents and basically just about life. Luke is so sweet and funny and even makes talking about the sorrow in his life enjoyable. I really don't know how I avoided my feelings towards him for so long.

_________________________

Thoughts? Comment & vote for a new update!!💘😚

I'm so sorry it took forever. I've been so busy and had writers block🙈😔