Chapter 6

I was sitting in the shade of an oak tree. Jason was doing pack business. I was happy, then Jason walked out of the house and to me. "Dawn, how would you like to go on vacation with me and dusk?" He asks and i nod my head eagerly. He grabs my hand and he pulls us to a car. Dusk is in the backseat and she is smiling "let me guess, he already asked you and he packed for us ahead of time, didn't he?" I ask my sister and she nodded. I rolled my eyes and got in the passenger seat. He got in the drivers seat and drove off. I took his hand in my lap and started fiddling with it gently. I didn't realize how long I did when he pulled his hand away gently, saying "we're here." I looked up to see a beautiful resort. We grabbed our bags and he booked us a two bedroom suite. We walked up to b9 and opened the door. It had a balcony and you could see the bedrooms and bathroom, away from the living room. Dusk went into the small bedroom and we went to the other one. He pulled on his blue bathing suit and i sat on the bed. "Baby, aren't you going to get your bathing suit on?" He asked. I shook my head. He sighed and got me a pink bikini "put this on please." I took it hesitantly then went into the bathroom. I stripped of my clothes and put the bikini on. I stared at my ugly scars. They were littered on my arms and legs, my back, and my stomach. I opened the bathroom door, and stepped out and looked at the ground. He put his finger under my chin, making me look at him. My shaky arms went to hide my stomach, when he growled and moved them away. "Your beautiful. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise." I smiled at him and he looped his arm around my waist, pulling me into a hug. "I love you." I whispered and he kissed my head "I love you more." He said. We went to the pool and came back. We did this for 6 days, then on the 7th day we had came back and changed. "Jase, did I mention that I love you?" I said. I heard him laugh and reply "yes a lot. And then I'd say 'I love you more.'" I snuggled closer. "I'm going to tell dusk goodnight." I said and got up. I walked into the living room and to her closed bedroom door. I knocked on her door. No answer. I knocked on her door 2 more times and opened the door. I turned on the light and let out a blood curtailing scream. She was on the bed, cut open. And on the wall, written in her blood said 'love dearest daddy' a sob shook my body as I fell to my knees. Jason burst into the room "Dawn, what's-" then he read the wall. He fell next to me and hugged me. He pulled me into his arms and cradled me. Sobs overtook me. "I will kill him. Torture him. I will rip his skin from his body. I will cause him so much pain. Poor baby dusk." I sobbed into his chest. He rubbed my back. The Sparks of the mate bond comforted me a little. "Why dusk?" I scream, jumping up. "Why her? It was my fault mother died!" I screamed and stormed into the living room "it's my fault! Not hers! You sick man!" I sobbed "you should have taken me! She was innocent!" I sank to my knees "I swear, I will cause you as much pain as you have caused me. I will have your blood on my hands, even if it kills me. For dusk, for mom, for me."