Chapter 36

My head was pounding, and I could feel restraints on my wrists and ankles. I couldn't feel scarlet, which was ok for now. She was probably sleeping. I opened my eyes to see a bright and dizzy world. I blinked a few times to see Katya sitting in a chair in front of me. I looked around, and I was in a room (obviously) it had brown hard wood floors and the walls and ceiling were paper white. My brothers and sisters, parents and Janice were behind Katya. "Why was she so aggressive towards us?" I heard Aiden ask, I hadn't noticed that they were in deep conversation. "It's normal for an alpha female to get overprotective and aggressive to everyone while their mate is injured. Her wolf saw everyone as a threat, even if dawn didn't." Janice said "is Jason ok?" I asked as they looked at me. I tugged on our restraints. "Where is he?" I didn't like to say the same thing twice. They ignored me. "Thanks for restraining her earlier. Scarlet woulda got me." Logan nodded towards Janice. "I'm awake you idiots." I said louder causing them to look at me, again. "Why did you restrain me?" You woke up, and scarlet was under control. She tried to attack us, and get free. So we hit her with 5 tranquilizer darts. So she may be asleep faster r like, 6 more hours." I nodded, I didn't really care for that moment. "Now let me go. I want to see my mate." Janice came over with a metal knife-probably steel- and cut my rope bindings I rubbed my ankles where the rope was and I got up, and rubbed my wrists. "Take me to him. Now." I ordered at Janice opened a door, and we saw the pack dungeon. They must have had me in the interrogation room. We walked through the dungeon hall, as we passed cells. I glared at each rogue that I saw. I even saw a hunter, and I glared daggers at him, and he backed into a corner. I smiled in satisfaction. Janice opened the door, and I followed. She began walking in a direction, and I followed her scent. I wanted to give my eyes some time to adjust to the brightness, but I wanted, no, needed Jason more. When my eyes adjusted, we just walked into the pack hospital. Janice led me through twists and turns down the hall ways. I glanced back, and no one was following me. Good. Janice stopped at a door, and she gently opened it. I walked in, and so did she. I gasped at his state. His usual flowery bright skin, was now paper white. His hands were at his sides, and his beautiful pink lips were turned into a frown. His eyes were closed, shielding me from his beautiful green eyes. "How long?" I asked. "About 4 days." I nodded. I grabbed the chair closest to me, and pulled it besides his bed. I sat down in it, I was on his right. I picked up his right hand, and held it in both of mine. I kissed it a few times, then I lightly pushed it against my forehead. "How were you ripped away from me so easily?" I whispered sadly. Janice nodded to me and left. I started to cry. I was a useless mate. I had let them take the most precious thing away from me. Now, it looked like he was on his deathbed. But, I will be here for him. I will be here, for us, especially when we need it most.