Chapter 40

I could feel his unsteady breathing "jason....oh my god..." I got up slowly and bent down at his head. His lips kissed me roughly, and I didn't object. He asked for entrance and I gave it to him gladly. Being humans and all we pulled away, out of breath, and she laid his forehead on mine "I missed you so much," I whispered "I'm so sorry." He shook his head "it wasn't your fault." I frowned, then the nurse came in. "Luna, since the shot to the alpha had punctured his left lung, he is not to walk for a month. Here," she quickly left the room, then returned with a wheelchair. The nurse and me helped jason into it. "You truly are my baby." I cooed at him, but he only grumbled in response. "And, while you are injured, Luna Dawn is technically the new alpha. Until your healed."
-----------
Jason

My third in command and beta, charley and mike, talked to dawn. We were on our way out of the pack hospital when they stopped us and requested to speak with her. Her small innocent features have turned hard, she had bags under her eyes, and while she was around them, she used her alpha voice. She acted like a true alpha. But I didn't want a true alpha, I wanted my sweet, innocent mate back, not a cold alpha female. She turned and glared in my direction. Why would she glare at me? "Hello, pet." Said a seductive whisper in my ear. Britney, the new pack slut. I noticed dawns eyes were black, and she was shaking in anger. "I will rip you apart, limb by limb, only after I flay you with a silver shank," (flay means to rip off all of her skin so she is skinless and you can only see her muscles, blood, etc.) her voice was fierce, and sickenly sweet, dripping with venom "do I make myself clear?" I looked to see Britney, nodding her head and full of fear, as she sprinted in the opposite direction of me. Dawn growled. "Take care of them," she said, with a hand covering her eyes "but, Luna-" mike started "I don't like repeating myself. You brag about yourself mike. You say you have killed 10 vampires at once. How will 2, freshly changed ones hurt you? Make sure to take a team of five." He opened his mouth again, bad move buddo. Dawns hair slowly seeped flames. They slowly turned from blonde to fireful. "Do I need to repeat myself?" She removed her hand and opened her eyes. Instead of her beautiful blue eyes, they were replaced with fire. She blinked, then turned to them. "No...no ma'am." She looked at mike, then charley. "go." They nodded and hurried off. She didn't face me. But her breathing was ragged. "Dawnie." I called her. Her hair slowly turned back to blonde, and her ragged breathing turned back to calm and steady. "Come here, Dawnie." She slowly turned to me, and I could see her beautiful icey blue eyes. "Dawnie, come here." I whispered as she walked to me. I began to feel light-headed. "Wh...what's happening?" I asked "it's ok baby. It's just the medicine your on. Your ok. I'm here. I won't let you go under again." Her voice was full of confidence. She kneeled down in front of me, and raised her hand. Her small hand caressed my cheek, gently and soothingly. She leaned up and kissed me on the lips, in a quick peck. She got up and began pushing my wheelchair back to the doors. My eyes closed, and I guess I dozed off. When I opened my eyes, I was positioned in front of our bed. I heard a familiar voice. "What do you want?" Dawns voice said "I need to speak with the Luna." I could almost see dawn nod. Before she could reply, I wheeled my chair over to the door so I could watch them, but remain unseen. "I'm Luna. Do you need something?" Her voice turned back to her normal sweet and innocent voice. There was a man at the door, with dark brown hair, and dark skin. About maybe Hindu. "I'm so sorry. "At the clearing of the 2 fresh vampires, mike took Logan with him on his team. They returned, and mike found Logan had disappeared. They went back to the vampires house, where they attacked, and found him on the ground." She only looked at him "why didn't they help him up?" She asked. Oh no. "He had his heart ripped out of his chest. I'm sorry, Logan is dead."