Chapter 54

Her breathing has stopped, multiple times. Janice has brought and 1 other doctors to help with the operation. Janice was sliding a tube into dawn's throat to help her breath. If I was to even be in the room, I had to stay sitting in one of the hospital chairs near the door. I wasn't allowed to move it closer, because Janice and the doctor said I would get in their way. I was going to protest, but Janice said if I did get in their way, it could hurt my mate. So, I sat in the stupid chair. They started by slicing gently into her leg. Her breathing got louder, and the other doctor, Samantha, checked the tube. Janice grabbed a pair of tweezers, and grabbed a bullet. She cut the flesh around it, and yanked it free, then She placed it on the tray next to her. She dug around for the second one. She yanked it out, and it went to the tray. Samantha started to stitch up her leg, and Janice went to work on the bullet in her stomach. Dawns eyes fluttered open, and her heart rate sped up. "No!" Samantha said as she scrambled around the room to find the drug that she used earlier to put dawn under. I quietly got up, and went to dawns side. I pushed the bed more into the center of the room so I could be behind the headboard. "Hey." I whispered to dawn. She looked at me, fear was the only emotion in her eyes. "Hey, I know it hurts. I'm so sorry I let this happen to you, baby." I whispered quietly. One of her hands flew up to my face, and just cupped my cheek. She winced, and I glared at Janice. She pulled the third bullet out, and Samantha moved on to stitch up her stomach. Janice went to the arm where she was cut with a knife. She put some liquid in it, and a silver liquid oozed out. Silver itself. Dawn's hand went back to her side, and she closed her eyes. The rest of the operation was her getting stitches. Dawn was in to much pain, so Janice put her under. "She is on strict bed rest for a week, and is not allowed to move. After a week, you can take her home." Janice said, as I sat next to dawn, took her hand, and brought it up to my lips. Now, all I can do is wait for her to wake up.