Chapter 27

I saw him, and he was talking to 3 men. I could tell he was angry. As his eyes just went black as midnight. I pushed my own problems away and walked to him. I hugged him, and placed my head  on his chest. "If you wish to stay out of a dungeon cell, I suggest you leave now. I will speak with each of you individually later. Now go."  I said to the men, as I heard footsteps. Jason hugged me tightly and I felt him bury his face in my neck. He inhaled my scent. "It's ok baby." I whispered to him "just calm down. I'll beat them later." I heard him chuckle, then I felt his body freeze. He took a sharp intake of breath and let out a soft growl "why do you smell like another male!" He yelled at me.  I shrank back a few feet, but he walked closer to me. He raised his hand, and my fear grew. He brought his hand down, and his hand, slapped me. Jason has slapped me. When it hit me, my face went to the side from the impact, and I heard a gasp. I slowly looked at Jason, and I saw his eyes were no longer black, and his eyes were wide. "Dawn, baby, I-" he said but I wouldn't hear his excuses "Save it. Since you let me explain, i feel loved. If you want to know, I talked to Logan." I snapped "how did it go?" He asked quietly "great. Thanks for letting me explain." I spun on my heels, and marched up the stairs and into our room. I slammed the door with so much force, I felt it shake. I locked the door, and laid in the bed. I heard banging on the door "baby, please!" He said "go away!" My voice cracked. I snuggled into the covers, that smelt of my mate. I couldn't forgive him that easily, but I really wanted to. I started to cry. I didn't know what to do.