Chapter 3

"How can I help?" I explain about my father "come home to our pack." He suggests and I nod. "Do you need anything from your house?" He asks and I shake my head. My pink heart necklace around my neck. My mother gave it to me when I was little. He leads us into the woods. Dusk is holding my hand. The other two men are a few paces behind us and Jason is a few in front. We emerge and I see a beautiful pack house. Pups are running around, playing. Mothers are working and the men are either playing with their pups, relaxing, training, or patrolling. The big grey building stands on the top of a small hill. Cabins are littered around it, and I looked at the trees surrounding the camp. I see a fake tree. That's the bunker for when rogues attack. I studied about packs on my free time in school. Jason led us into the pack house and up a flight of stairs. He opened a door "here is your room, dusk. Please, redecorate or do whatever to make yourself at home." She nodded as he led me down the hallway. He opened a door to reveal a suite. The living room was welcoming as soon as you opened the door. The light red couch on the dark red plush carpet. I saw a bathroom to my right, a bedroom to my left, and a balcony straight in front of me, revealing a gorgeous view. "It's beautiful." I said,turning to look at him. "This is our room." He says. Our. Hmmmm... He sits on the couch and flicks on the flat screen tv that was mounted on the wall. I open the balcony doors and a cool breeze hits me hard in the face, I didn't care and I loved it. I was away from my abusive father,John. And I was here, in a pack. I smiled. I hadn't noticed but it was now night. The day flew by fast. I stare at the stars. I put my pointer and middle finger together, pressed them to my chest where my heart would be, kissed them, and raised them to the moon. I did this every night. Me and my mother did it when she was Alive, right until she died. It was the last thing I saw her do, and she said "I love you." Then she pushed me out of the window, and I landed with other wolves who saved me from the fall, as my mother was burned alive. My vision becomes blurry as I start to cry. Why did she have to die? And not John? I feel warm arms wrap around me. I turn in them so I'm sobbing on his chest. He runs soothing circles on my back and whispers in my ear "it's going to be ok. We will fix it, together." I nodded and looked at him. I gave him a weak smile as he brushed my tears away. He took my hand and led me to the bedroom. He closed the balcony doors and the bedroom door. I crawled into bed and he slid in next to me. he wrapped his arms around me as I snuggled closer. And he took my pain away. I drifted off to sleep, smelling his sweet peppermint and pine scent and him saying "I love you."