Chapter Eight

"That must be them." I smiled to Austin when there was a knock at the door, "hey girls!"

"Emily!" They smiled and I have them each a hug before letting them inside.

"Girls, this is my boyfriend Austin and Austin these are my best friends, Kelsey and Mary." I explain.

"Nice to see you guys again." Austin smiled and waved to each of them, "that was you guys at the mall right?"

"Yeah." Mary laughed, "that was us and it's good to see you again too."

"So how long have you two been dating?" Kelsey asked as her and Mary sat on the couch across from me and Austin.

"About a month and a half." Austin and I said together causing us all I laugh.

"Well I'm glad your together." Mary smiled, "you make her really happy Austin."

I blushed and Austin looked at me with a smile then said, "she makes me really happy too."

"Awwww." Both of the girls smile.

"Anyway." I say blushing and trying to change the topic, "what have you guys been up to?"

"Not that much... I'm glad it's finally winter break." Kelsey said then smirked, "but back to you and lover boy... What does you dad think Em?"

"Ummm." I laugh, "not to well."

"When I picked Em up before we went out he barley even talked to me." Austin chuckled, "he pretty much hates me."

"I doubt he hates you Austin." Mary says, "he's just looking out for his little girl."

"Emily is daddy's princess." Kelsey said then laughed, "well used to be."

"Stop!" I say embarrassed.

"It's true!" Kelsey said, "you tell him everything and he always checks up on you."

"Whatever." I grumble, embarrassment clear as my face turns red.

"It's okay baby." Austin chuckled then pulled me into his, "your my princess now."

"Awww!" The girls giggle again, "Emily stay with him forever."

"Yeah Emily." Austin giggled and kissed my cheek, "stay with him forever."

***
After I said goodbye to the two girls and they left I went back to Austin and collapse onto the couch next to him.

"They were so embarrassing." I laugh, covering my face with my hands.

"It's okay babe." Austin chuckled, "the guys are pretty embarrassing too."

"They aren't as bad."

"Okay sure." He laughed and pressed his lips onto mine.

He moved a hand up to my face and ran a hand through my hair as he deepened the kiss.

Just as I moved my hand up to his shoulder we had to pull back when we heard the front door start to open.

"Hi honey! Hi Austin!" My mom smiles when she comes through the door, groceries in her hands.

"Here let me help you." Austin said, jumping up from his seat and rushing over to my mom.

"Thank you Austin." My mom smiled.

I followed quick behind and grabbed some of the other bags and set them in the kitchen.

I watched Austin as he kept asking my mom if she needed any help, as if it were a habit of his.

"I'm fine Austin really." My mom smiled, "thank you hun."

"No problem!" He smiled back then we started heading upstairs to my room.

"Emily door open!" My mom called concerned.

I sighed and opened the door back up and then returned to my spot next to Austin.

"Austin? Can I ask you something?" I ask slowly

"Of course." He replies confused, "whats up?"

"Umm... What happened with your dad?"

He instantly stiffened and shifted back and forth proving that he was uncomfortable. He looked down at his hands then grabbed onto mine.

"I'm sorry." I instantly said, "you don't have to talk about it I jus-"

"It's okay." He said quietly, "my dad... My dad committed suicide when I was a baby... It was just me and mom for a while... She remarried but it didn't really work out. That's why I always try and help her out ya know? She's been through so much... She's so hardworking she just needs a break."

It felt like my heart dropped down to my stomach. "I'm sorry Austin." I whisper, "I-I.. I didn't mean to upse-"

"It's okay Em." He said quietly, "you didn't know. You couldn't have known."

I just nod, not really knowing what to say. He gave me a sad smile and I pressed a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Let's go do something." I suggest.

"What are you thinking?" He asked, the beautiful smile I know coming back onto his face.

"Maybe just go for a drive?" I suggest and he nods.

We pop up and begin going down the steps, walking across the street to his car after telling my mom what we were doing. I slid into the passenger seat of Austin's car as he slid in the drivers side.

"Oh did I tell you about my house?" Austin smiled.

"No..." I say nervously, "your not moving already are you?!"

"Oh god no." He laughed, "I'm not leaving you. I don't want to risk another boy moving in next door."

"Then whats going on?"

"My mom is getting her own place. Since me and the guys are all eighteen... We have our own responsibilities."

"Wait... That's your guys' house? You live alone?"

"Yep! Well... With Alex, Robert and Zach but other then that."

"That's so cool!"

After some more mindless chatter, we were soon driving in silence. It was anything but awkward; it was peaceful.

Soon, we found a spot and watched as the sun started setting on the water.

"It's so beautiful." I whisper as we sit on the hood of his car.

"Not as beautiful as you." He smirked.

"That was so cheesy!"

"But you liked it."

I just roll my eyes and kiss him quickly and then stare back at the sunset... But I could feel Austin stare at me.

"Austin." I laugh, "stop staring at me."

"Then come here." He smiled.

I scooted closer to him and sat in between his legs, my back to his chest. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my forehead.

"I could stay like this forever." He whispered, looking out into the sky.

"Me too." I blush, "me too."