Chapter Thirty

I rush to my bedside table, my vision blurry and I feel as if I have no control over my body. My shaky hands rip my phone away from its charger and insanely call Austin, trying my best to ignore the pictures of us as my background.

"Please pick up." I whisper hoarsely to myself as I hear my phone ring.

Just as I was about to hang up, the ringing stops and I could hear a soft sigh on the other end of the line, "please... Don't call me."

"Austin don't go." I choke out, "where are you? Please turn around and come back and-and hold me... I need you right now. I can't lose you."

"I hurt you Emily!" He replied instantly, "I can't do this to you. I don't deserve you and you know that's true."

"But I love you Austin." I whimper, "i-I... I don't want anybody but you."

"You need to get over me. I'm bad for you. You need to be with someone whose not going to mess up the best thing that has ever happened to them."

"Austin can we talk about this plea-"

"Goodbye Emily." He whispered, then hung up the phone.

I stood paralyzed, the phone pressed against my ear playing a dull ding sound signaling to me that the call is officially over.

I shake my head quickly, and somehow manage to dial again and it goes straight to voicemail.

"H-hi Austin... I-it's me." I say, tears quickly streaming down my cheeks, "it's okay that you did what you did. I forgive you and it's okay just please come back to me. Or-Or go back to Florida and finish school and then when I'm done too we can runaway just like you said... Austin p-please don't leave me. I love you s-so much and I want to be with you forever and I can't be with anyb-body else... Please call me or text me or something... I love you Austin."

I toss my phone on my bed, it rolling off and running into the wall. I jump onto my bed and scream into a pillow and then toss it against the wall.

I lose grip to see and it crashes into my desk causing things to fall off and glass to crash and break onto the floor.

My legs began to fell on fire I quickly stand and lean my head against the wall, my hands soon turn into fists and I bang on the wall. Pictures began knocking against the wall with my fist.

Soon, my door swings open and my heart swell, thinking it was Austin. I turn away from the wall and face the door, my heart dropping when I see my father sanding there.

"Em?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing together, "what's wrong? Did something happen with your frien-"

"Daddy." I cry, rushing to him and wrapping my arms around my him, my tears coming out more, "he left daddy. He's gone."

"I'm sorry honey." My dad sighed, wrapping his arms around me, "I told you. I told you from the beginning that he was going to hurt you."

"I love him daddy and he loves me." I cry into his chest, "he just didn't want me to hurt anymore. B-by being away so much and-"

My dad sighed and pulled me back and placed his hands on my shoulders, "listen. I never liked Austin, but I understand that you care about him very much. I believe that everything happens for a reason. I don't know what the reason is for this but maybe this was meant to happen."

"Will I ever see him again?" I ask sniffling, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand, "I love him daddy. I really, really love him."

"I know." He sighed, "if he's meant to be he will. Okay? I'll let you be alone for a little while."