Chapter Four

"Of course not sir." Austin chuckled.

"Emily, I think it's time to come back in for dinner." My dad said, ignoring Austin and focussing on me.

"But daddy, Austin said that I can eat with them." I frowned.

"Your mother and I would like to eat dinner with you. We have barley seen you all day."

"Okay." I sighed and gave each boy a quick hug and a goodbye before walking behind my dad inside.

"Hi honey." My mom smiled at me, "how was your day?"

"It was great!" I smiled, "all the guys are really nice... Do you think I can go help them babysit on Friday night?"

"Umm... What did your dad said?"

"It was okay but he wanted to know what you thought..." I told her.

"Well it's okay with me!" She smiled, "but anyways dinners ready. Can you help me get everything on the table?"

I nodded and followed her into the kitchen. We grabbed onto the food, carrying it to the table, sitting down and started eating.

"Emily dear." My dad said out of nowhere.

"Yeah?"

"Why didn't you answer my call?" He asked, "I called you earlier and you didn't pick up."

"We were watching a movie." I lied, "I didn't want to be rude daddy."

"It's rude to ignore your father." He growled at me.

"I wasn't ignoring you." I said, almost rolling my eyes but quickly stopping myself.

"Whats been up with you lately?" My dad snapped, "you seem different."

"Tom." My mom warned, "stop. She's almost seventeen, let her be."

***

"Hi Mr. Edwards." I heard, "I'm here for Emily."

"I know." I heard in return, "she should be down soon."

I quickly looked in the mirror, applying lips gloss and fixing my hair a bit before going down the stairs.

"Hi Austin." I smiled and stood next to my dad for a second before saying, "well we will be back later. Bye!"

I gave him a quick hug and then walked out of the door with Austin.

We got into his car and started driving away and Austin began chuckling out of no where.

"What?" I giggle.

"Your dad." He smirked, "he hates me and it's hilarious to see whenever I'm at the door."

"I could hear you guys... He sounded so excited to hear you." I tease.

"Totally." He laughed, "practically shoving us off to the church to get married."

"For sure." I smile, blushing at the thought of marriage.

After a short drive we arrived to the mall, he grabbed onto my hand and we started walking through the different stores, looking for a dress I can wear this Friday night.

"Just start trying on a few babe." Austin sighed, "I'm tired."

"Okay." I giggled, "you aren't allowed in the dressing room so sit out here."

He nodded and eagerly took a seat. I looked around and grabbed a couple of dresses and slipped into the dressing room.

The first dress I had was really loose but very short... Like barley covering my butt. The color was nice though, a soft blue making my eyes pop. But it felt a little weird having it be that short...

"Austin?" I shyly ask, seeing if he could hear me.

"Yeah Em?" He asked.

"Ready for the dress?" I asked nervously.

"Yeah!" He said instantly.

I shyly slid out of the dressing room and then walked towards Austin.

The dress was flowing behind me and I stood in front of Austin and he looked at me wide eyed.

"Is it bad?" I ask frantically, "I feel like it looks bad... I'll go change."

"No wait!" He said as I turned, grabbing my hand and spinning me around, "you look amazing."

"Thank you..." I blush, "but... I don't know if I like how short it is..."

"It's okay babe. Want to try on the next one?" He asked and I nodded, pecking him on the cheek and quickly walking back to my dressing room.

The next dress was also a problem, it was longer but still pretty short... Expect the problem with this one was way too tight... It made my stomach look huge.

After showing Austin and deciding that wasn't the dress, I changed into my normal clothes and we went to a new store and i tried on a ton of new dresses and I couldn't find one I like and felt look good on me....

"Baby?" Austin whispered noticing my stress, "you okay?"

I slowly nod, not even really convincing myself, "I'm fine." I choke out.

"No your not. Whats wrong?" He asked pulling me tightly in his arms.

"I look awful in all these dresses... I look huge."

"No you don't." Austin frowned, "and I hate that you think so negatively about yourself.... When I think your perfect. How about I pick a dress for you?"

I slowly nod and tell him my dress size and sit patiently waiting for him to return.

After about ten minutes Austin returns with a wide, bright smile and a single dress in his hands.

He gives it to me without a word and then kisses my forehead. I return to the dressing room once again and a loud sigh passes my lips.

The dress was a dark purple, with black on the bottom along with the belt. It was short, stopping a bit higher then my mid thigh but I liked it...

It was tight... But in all the right places... I felt beautiful in it... I felt... Sexy.

A smile grew on my face and I peeked my head out of the dressing room.

"Pssstt! Austin!" I giggle, "ready?"

"Yes!" He smiled, laughing.

I slowly walked out of the dressing room and Austin's jaw dropped.

"Stop!" I giggle, reaching my hand up and closing his mouth "you'll catch flys."

"You look perfect." He says wide eyed.

"Thank you." I blush, giggling and digging my head in his chest.

"Take off the dress so I can buy it... Damn baby... You look.... Wow."

"Shut up!" I giggle covering his mouth.

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I walked back to my dressing room and changing back into my clothes and giving Austin the dress. He wasted no time and instantly bought it.

"What now?" I shyly smile, clinging to his arm.

"How about some food?"

"Perfect." I smile.