Chapter Fourty Six

"Morning." I smile as I hear someone come down the steps, flipping over a pancakes at the stove.

"Why are you doing all this for?" Zach asked, sitting on the counter next to me.

"I don't know, I just didn't get much sleep and I needed to keep my mind of things so I thought cooking might help." I explained, "I'm just nervous for when Austin comes back."

"He's going to be different at first but he'll be okay in a week or two." Zach sighed, "it's just gonna be hard for a little bit."

"I know." I nod, avoiding eye contact and moving the pancakes over to a spare plate, stacking them up for anyone to grab, "I just don't know what to say to him when he gets back. I can't just act like nothing happened but I don't really want to talk about it."

"I understand." He sighed, "I'm not sure either Em. Just be yourself and I'm sure that will make him happy."

"Are you sure?" I whisper nervously, "I- I know how important his mom is to him and I don't want to mess any thing up."

"You won't." He smiled and gave me a quick hug, "he loves you."

"Thanks for being here." I giggled, hugging him back, "who would have known your such a softie?"

"That's why you can't tell anyone about this." He chuckled, "but I saw Austin texted me when I woke up this morning saying that he was going to be here around ten thirty."

I nodded looking at the clock seeing it was about ten, "are you going to eat more pancakes?"

"I'll have some!" Alex smiles, plopping down in a chair, and taking a stack of pancakes and putting them on her own plate.

"Good I think I made to many." I giggled, making my way back to the kitchen and getting out the syrup and juice, "do you want anything?"

The boys shook their heads and I grabbed my own plate, sitting down next to them and making small talk as we ate our breakfast.

The door could be heard swinging open and then closing with a slam, heavy steps becoming louder as they came closer to the kitchen.

"Austin!" I say instantly, getting up quickly and wrapping my arms tightly around him,  lifting my head up and kissing his cheek softly, "did you get any sleep?"

"A little bit." He grumbled, finally wrapping his arms back around me and leaning his cheek against the top of my head, "it was hard to sleep in those tiny chairs but I managed."

"Why don't you go upstairs and take a nap? Take a hot shower and get some sleep? I can make some pizza or something for you."

"I'm just gonna hang out with you guys for a bit." He smiled tiredly, "you guys didn't have to much fun without me did you?"

"Honestly." I giggled, "I fell asleep right away. I was exhausted by the time we got back."

"I'm glad you got some sleep Hun." He smirked and then his eyebrows shot up, "did you make pancakes?"

I giggled and nodded, he pressed a quick kiss onto my cheek and rushed to the kitchen were he was happily greeted by all the boys, soon taking my spot and having a huge stack of pancakes.

"These are so good." He smiled dreamily, "the hospital food last night wasn't that great."

***

I laughed silently to myself seeing all the guys passed out on the couch when I returned home from my personal shopping trip, the video game console still on and the boys laying on top of each other.

I tried to close the door as quietly as possible, but Alex perked up, and sat up, rubbing his eyes as he looked around the room.

"Sorry Alex I didn't mean to wake you up." I said embarrassed, taking off my shoes and jacket.

"It's fine." He smiles, "your home late, good shopping night?"

"Yeah." I smiled and started making my way towards the stairs to put my bags away, "I'll be back in a second to help you wake up the boys."

He nodded, sitting up and stretching as he started trying to poke Austin awake. When I reached Austin's room, I set the bags down and changed quickly into my pajamas before running back down the steps.

Zach and Austin were up thanks to Alex, rubbing there eyes like Alex previously was.

"Just leave him there if he doesn't wake up." Zach laughed, "he took up most of the couch anyway."

"Okay." Alex laughed and Austin and him started making there way towards me and we all walked up the steps.

"Did you have a good guys night in?" I asked him as we walked up the stairs and Alex went down his own hallway.

"It was aerials but now I'm exhausted." Austin chuckled then grumbles as we both walk into his bedroom, him instantly pulling off his jeans and then falling into bed.

I laughed quietly to myself before joining him, laying in bed next to him and cuddling up into his chest.

"I love you." I whisper, "don't forget it okay?"

"I love you too." He chuckled, his eyes closed as he pulled me closer to him, "and I won't."

"Good night." I whisper quietly, kissing his jawline softly.

"Goodnight princess. Sleep well."