Chapter Fourty Five

My heart instantly plummeted to the floor, thinking of how this could possibly happen. She's such an amazing woman and Austin loves and admires her so much... Why did this happen?

"It's going to be okay." I whisper, not knowing what else I could say.

I needed to be strong for him and I couldn't cry, I needed to be there and let him cry just like he did for me.

"How do you know that?" He whispered shakily sitting down in a chair and burying his face in his hands, "I can't lose my mom."

"God won't take her Austin okay? It's jut gonna be hard a for a little bit. But we have to be strong for her." I whisper and he continues to cry, my heart shattering, I start running y fingers through his hair to try and calm him down, "babe, Austin please don't cry. Your mom would want you to be strong. Do you want to go talk to her? The boys are in the food lounge and should be back soon."

"I-I don't think- I can't go in there." He replied, hands shaking, "she can't know I was crying. Your right she'd be upset."

"She just worried about you Austin." I explain, grabbing his hand and pulling him up, embracing him, "it's going to be okay I promise."

"How can you promise something like that?" His voice hopeful.

"I just know." I whisper, "I know she'll be okay."

"I hope so." He sniffles and then pulls back, "she wants to see you though. Want to say hi?"

"I would love to." I reply softly, a smile on my face as he laces our fingers together and leads into her room.

"Mom." He said, his voice scratchy, "you remember Emily right?"

"Of course I do." She smiles her voice soft and delicate, her body looked weak and her skin was pale, you could see the bags under her eyes the second you walk in the room, "your even more beautiful then the last time I saw you. How are you dear?"

"I'm doing well. Thank you Michele." I smile, almost asking her the same before quickly stopping myself, "I'm glad I'm back home."

"I know Austin is very happy too." She winks at him, "he use to call me all the time saying how much he misses you."

Austin shook his head instantly, his face turning red as I laughed shyly, leaning my head against his shoulder.

"I think you over exaggerating Ma-" he started, but a doctor came in the room and he instantly stood on his feet.

"Hi I'm Dr. Nelson. Are you all family?" He asked.

"Yes." She smiled and shot me a secret wink, "my son and daughter in law."

"Okay very well then." He nodded and started flipping through pages on his clipboard, "I just was wondering if now would be a good time to discuss treatment options?"

Austin's grip on my hand instantly tightened as soon as Michele nodded and I gave him a reassuring squeeze, rubbing my thumb soothingly over his hand like he's done to me so many times.

"Okay well there is the options of chemotherapy and radiation. I'm sure your aware of those possible side effects." He began to explain, "we can begin as soon as next week because we don't want this to spread throughout your body more. We should see this fall as a good thing because we caught it in the early stages."

I nodded along with Michele and Austin, a relived breath coming from his lips and he leaned more against my shoulder.

"You just have to try and remain healthy. Staying active and making good choices in your diet. Try to get sleep to keep your energy up because these treatments can be draining." The doctor explained, "but we are going to do everything we can to help you get through this and by the way it seems your going to be just fine. But we are going to keep you overnight to just run some more tests."

"Thank you." She smiles, and he nods before exiting the room and soon Zach, Rob and Alex come in, tests of food in their hands.

"Do you want anything Mama?" Alex asked, sitting in an open chair next to your bed, "the nurses said to get you like
juice and fruit... So we grabbed a lot of different kinds."

"I would love that thank you boys." She smiles sweetly, sitting up in her bed and grabbing a juice box, "but it's getting late. You guys better get home I don't want you to fall asleep at the wheel."

"Can I stay here with you?" Austin asked.

"I don't know if your going to want to honey." She sighed, "I'm going to be visited by a lot of nurses and filling out a lot of papers."

"I know. I can help you." He urged and he's mom nodded.

"Just for tonight honey." She nodded and he did too.

"Do you want us to help you with anything before we go?" Zach asked as they all stood and I did the same.

"I'm fine thank you." She smiles her voice going weak, "it means a lot to me that you all came. I love you all as my own I hope you know that."

"We love you too Mama." Robert smiled and we all gave her a quick hug.

The boys started setting up the food by her bedside table, so she could have easy access to it without having to move around to much.

"Are you okay with me staying here?" Austin asked me.

"Of course I am." I smile, "she's your mother. Take us much time as you need. And I'm not going to be alone. I have the guys to keep me company."

"Okay." He whispered and gave me a quick kiss and hug, "see you tomorrow."

"Bye." I smile and wave again to Michele as the boys waved to Austin and soon we were all loading up in the car.

I sat in the back with Alex, leaning my head against his shoulder as my eyes grew heavy as I struggled to keep them open as they were beginning to be overtook with exhaustion and sadness.

"Do you think she will be okay?" I whisper, barely loud enough for him to hear as the radio plays to ease the tension.

He sighed before replying, "I sure hope so Em. They caught it early and she's going into treatment soon. It's looking up."

I nodded and picked Austin's sweatshirt up from off the floor and pulled it over my head, before leaning against the window and closing my eyes, sleep soon taking over me.
-----------------------------------------

Hi :) I hope you enjoyed this update and I'm gonna start doing a fan of a week kind of thing so all you have to do to be picked and mentioned in the next chapter is vote comment and be an active follower :) I hope you guys liked this update and tell me what you think!