Chapter Fourty Seven

(Austin's P.O.V)

I woke up and saw Emily still sleeping, her eyes closed as her head rested on my chest. Even though she just woke up, she was beautiful. Flawless even.

But, I wasn't happy. I stared up at the ceiling, letting out a loud breath and tightening my arms around her as I felt tears prickle my eyes, thinking about everything going wrong.

Why did this have to happen to my mom.

She never did anything wrong. She raised me through everything that she had to go through. Now this?

And Emily. Through everything she stayed with me and I often wonder if she made the right choice. I'm so selfish for holding onto her but I can't live without her.

I know she always tells me she loves me but I also stop and think about what would it be like if she was with someone else.

I only cause so much drama in her life she deserves to be free.

But I can't let go.

"Good morning." She says, her voice gravely.

I look down at her and I smile, my heart being filled with warmth just looking at her.

"Good morning sweetie." I smile, pulling her up so she was leaning against my shoulder and I pressed a quick kiss on her forehead, "what do you want to do today?"

"Well." She giggled, biting her lip as her face turned red, "I hope your not angry... But I invited your mom over for dinner tonight so I was gonna go to the store and then cook some stuff up."

"That sounds great darling." I smile, "I'll shop with you but I'm not sure how well I can do so well with cooking but I'll do my best."

"Okay." She giggled, snuggling closer to me, "I need to go and get ready but I want to stay in bed with you."

"Then stay. She's coming over for dinner not lunch."

"But it has to be perfect. I need to clean up the house and-"

"You act like you've never met her before." I laugh, "she already loves you. No need to impress her anymore."

"But Austin." She giggled, burying her face in my chest, "I still want to do something nice for her. Besides, do you want her to come over and it be a disaster?"

"Good point." I smile, kissing her temple, "I can tell the guys to clean when we go to the store. How does that sound?"

"Good as long as they aren't annoyed." She giggled cutely.

"I dont think they will mind considering how clean you already keep the place." I wink, getting up from the bed and running my fingers through my hair, "cmon babe lets go."

"Now?" She asks, furrowing her eyebrows together, "I haven't put on my make up yet, gotten dressed or-"

She started but I cut her off with a quick kiss.

"Or brush my teeth." She giggled, shoving my shoulder away playfully before walking into the bathroom and closing the door behind her.

***

"Mom!" I smile when she walks through the door, pulling her into a hug and kissing her cheek, "how are you feeling?"

"I'm good honey." She said sympathetically, "don't worry about me okay? I'm just hungry."

I just nodded before the boys and Emily pulled her into a group hug, telling her how excited they were that she was here with us.

"This meal looks amazing." Mom smiles as she sat down at the table with the rest of us.

"Thank you." Emily giggled, "all of the boys actually helped me. They are quite the cooks."

"Well good job boys." Mom smiles and we all dig in.

We talk amongst each other, about her we were doing and we talked a little bit about moms treatments and when she was starting them but the subject changed quickly when the vibe in the room turned from joy to sadness.

Minutes soon turned into hours and became late, the boys passed out on the couch and Emily was in the kitchen after saying goodbye to my mom, giving me space to talk to her myself.

"Emily is a great girl Austin." She smiles, putting on her coat and buttoning it up, "hold on to her."

"I know mom." I blushed, looking at my feet, "I really love her. She's everything I could ever look for in another person... And she really cares about you, ya know mom."

"I know sweetheart." she smiles and I notice tears prickle her eyes, pulling me in a tight hug and rubbing my back, "I know it's a bit soon, and a scary thought. But have you thought about marriage? I know your both very young but you've been through so much."

"Honestly I've thought about it." I admit, "but I don't know if it'd be soon. I mean she still has a year of school left. Yeah she's 18, I'm 19.... It's just scary. It's a big deal and her dad just started liking me and I don't know... I'm afraid of scaring her off."

"I know baby." She smiles,sniffling a bit, "you don't have to do it now or a month or two. It's a big deal and it's okay to be scared. I was just thinking... I just saw the way you look at her and... I'm just so glad you found her."

"I am too mom." I smile, pulling her in a hug and kissing her cheek, "but you don't need to cry okay?"

"I know im sorry." She chuckled, "but I better go. I'll talk to you soon Austin. Goodnight."

"Goodnight mom." I smile, waving at her before shutting the door behind her.

Turning around, I made my way to the kitchen to see Emily sitting on the counter, phone in her hand.

Smirking, I make my way towards her, standing between her legs and setting her phone on the counter as I press my lips against hers.

Instantly she kisses me back, my hands sneak to her waist as I slip her off the counter and her legs wrap around my torso, kissing me deeply.

"Austin." She whispered against my lips, "I'm ready."
------------------------------------
Sorry ;)
Ultimate cliffhanger but just a reminder that I have others stories that you can check out if you want :) I have one for Grayson Dolan, Harry Styles and I just started one for Michael Clifford :)