Chapter Thirty One

Three days of school.

That's it that's all I have. Well, three including today. After high school, I don't know anymore.

The original plan was for me and Austin to just travel. Take it easy before we both figure out what we really want to do. I'm not sure what I'm even going to do at school anymore.

I feel like I lost all my friends. My that I had that many in the first place. I mean I have Vanessa. I feel like everyone else is turning against me.

I haven't even talked to the others since the whole pool party incident. I just want to get out of this school. Out of California. I want to be anywhere but here honestly.

I slowly shut my locker, tightly gripping my books to my chest as I started walking to my first period class.

"Whore." I heard someone whisper to me as I walked past them.

My eyes instantly widen and I see Kylie walking past me with a smirk and Lauren laughing next to her.

I let out a shocked sigh, I stood still in the hallway, people pushing past me, almost knocking me to the floor.

I quickly shook my head, trying not think about it to much. I quickly walked to my next class and quickly sat down next Vanessa.

"Are you okay?" She asked instantly.

"I look that bad?" I chuckle, running my fingers through my hair.

"You look like your gonna burst into tears." She sighed, "what happened?"

"It's stupid... I'm overreacting." I shake my head, starting to my notebook and looking up at the board for something to do.

"You need to tell me." She said seriously, "you know you can trust me right?"

"I know..." I reply and then look down at my desk and say, "it's just I was walking to class and Kylie called me a whore and I feel like they are all turning against me and-"

"Are you serious?" Vanessa growled, "she said that to you?! I can't believe her! This is all her fault! And what do you mean? Everyone's not against you."

"I haven't talked to anyone since the pool party." I sighed.

"Coles not against you. I don't know why Dylan would be." She explained, "he knows that you didn't do anything."

"But Lauren and Kylie keep saying things like that to me so they are probably telling Dylan things to make him hate me- wait... You and Cole?!" I say with a growing smile.

"Uhh... Yeah." She smiled, "he asked me out a couple days ago."

"Vanessa!" I smiled and gave her a quick hug, "that's amazing! I told you he liked you bac-"

"Class please put your books under your desks! Finals time!" My teacher said with a laugh.

"Great." We laughed together and soon began our tests.

****

"Please pick up." I whisper to myself as I call Austin for the second time today.

"Austin?!" I say when it stops ringing and I hear someone on the other end.

"Sorry Em it's Zach... You okay?" He asked, his voice low.

"I-I I don't know..." I say, sinking down in a chair in my bedroom, "is Austin okay? Has he said anything to you guys?"

"No... He's cooped away in his room. He barely ever comes out anymore. He's ping crazy." He explained, "he goes to school and when we get home he grabs all he needs and hides in his room all over again. He even left his phone out here. He's too afraid to have it in his room because he's afraid of calling you."

"Do you think he'd let me talk to him?" I ask nervously, "I need to hear his voice..."

"I'll try." He said, you could then hear him knocking on a door, faintly I could hear Zach say, "Austin? It's me... Emily called you. She really wants to talk."

Silence. I couldn't hear a thing. My heart was pounding and it felt like it was going to burst out of my chest. I needed to hear Austin say something. Anything. Maybe even just no. Or I can't talk to her.

"Austin cmon don't be like this." Zach said, sounding almost angry, "you can't keep pushing everyone away! You need to do something! Don't you love her?! If you love her you will talk to her." Soon I heard a click, then a sigh.

"Em?" His voice... It's him. He was weak, soft and scratchy but it's him, "baby is that you? Shït u shouldn't call you that fuçk I'm sorry I-"

"Austin?" I whisper, my eyes filling with tears, "how've you been?"

"Awful." He replied plainly, "but you can't do this. You can't keep trying to contact me. Your dad was right from the start. I'm nothing but trouble for you and you need to stay away if you want what's best for you."

"I don't want the best of your not in it."

"Well you deserve the best. Your the most beautiful, amazing person in the entire world and you can't be with a loser like me."

"Your not a loser Austin. I love you and I want to be with you forever and I know people say-"

"No!" He shouts, "you can't love me! You need to love someone else!"

"I can't." I choke out, "your the only person who can make me happy and that's why I wanted to talk to you... I just wanted to hear your voice and I had an awful day at school and I just needed to talk to you."

"What happened?" He asked, his voice full of concern just like it use to be when he cared, "are you okay baby gir- Emily?"

"y-yeah..." I sigh, "just Kylie... She just was being really mean to me today and I feel like everyone is against me and I don't have you and I can't do it anymore."

"What did she do to you?"

"She was just saying some really mean things to me..." I explained, "b-but I'm fine Austin... I just really miss you."

"Emily you can't miss me." He sighed, "I'm so bad for you."

"But Austin I love you. I don't care if your bad for me... If you are I don't want what's good-"

"You need to stop Emily." Austin said annoyed, "you can't keep doing this to yourself! I love you and I always will but I'm gonna hurt you! And if I ever do that's again I will never be able to do that to you and see that look of pain on your face again..."

"Do you not realize your hurting me right now?!" I say getting annoyed, "I'm hurting so bad from you and other people at school! They all think I'm cheating on you with Dylan! They all hate me!"

"I don't hate you! Vanessa doesn't hate you and all those assholes don't know the truth okay?!"

"I just don't want to be here anymore."

"Emily don't say that to me." Austin said seriously, "I don't care if you mean in California or just living in general but don't say that. I can't stand the thought of you...."

"I-I..." I sigh, "I just want to be with you. Anywhere Austin... Please get me out of here."

"I'm sorry Emily..."

Then he hung up.