Chapter Thirty Four

"Have a good last day Hun." My dad says, giving me a quick kiss on the forehead, "you look beautiful."

"Thanks Dad." I giggled, giving him a quick hug before soon leaving, getting into Vanessa's car.

"Hey V." I smiled.

"Your awfully happy today." She smiles at me, "how are you doing?"

"Better." I replied, "I don't know. I'm just in a good mood. It's the last day of school. Our last day of high school! Why should I be upset?"

"I've missed this Emily." She sweetly replied, "welcome back. You look gorgeous by the way."

"Thank you." I blushed, messing with the bottom of my dress, "you do too."

"We're not going to let anyone bother us today." She smiled as she started pulling out my driveway and going to school, "okay? Today's the last day and after this you never have to see any of these shïtheads ever again."

"Another reason I'm in a great room." I laughed, bucking my seatbelt and turning on the radio.

Five minutes later, we were parked and started walking into school. Cole ran up to us, giving me a quick hug and Vanessa a quick peck on the lips.

"Happy last day guys." He smiled, "you guys excited?"

"Of course! It's our last day of high school! How could you not be?" She giggled, grabbing onto Coles hand and intertwining their fingers together.

"It's always great to know that I never have to see the people here again." I laughed and they pretended to be offended, "except you guys. Your the only ones who I like... And the only ones who like me."

"Oh come on Em! That's not true. So many people at school like you." Cole says, looking over at me.

"Not really." I laughed, "they all think that I cheated on my boyfriend thanks to Kylie. But whatever. I don't have to see them after this."

"If they actually believe that clearly their stupid. Everyone knows that Kylie loves to talk." Vanessa said, rolling her eyes, "I don't even know why we were ever friends with her."

"And everyone knows that Lauren is stupid enough to just follow her around like some kind of lost puppy." Cole chuckled.

"Whatever." I say and laugh, "I'm doing wasting my time on her."

"Good." Vanessa smiles as we walk into school, "I'm going to my locker Em. Meet you in class?"

"Yep!" I smiled, "see you soon. See you later Cole!"

"Bye Emily!" He waved at me as we all went our separate ways to our lockers.

I grab everything I need, my locker proactively empty and I start heading to my first class of the day.

"Shït." I mutter when my phone goes off, thankfully I wasn't in class yet.

I silence my phone and then go to my messages to see one from Austin?

From Austin💔

Hey Em... It's me. I miss you and I just wanted to say how sorry I understand if you never want to see me again... But I would love to see you again. I don't know if you'd be okay with it. I never want to make you uncomfortable. I hope I can talk to you, face to face and I can answer any question you want me to. I understand if you don't love me, or even hate me. I just want you to know that I'll always be here for you no matter what.
Ps: the boys miss you too

I sigh, walking to my class and setting down my things before reading the text again.

I do want to see him again. Understand what really is going on. And just see him. I know he broke my heart but... He's Austin. And I still love him. I know I shouldn't, and I don't want to be especially after what he did but I can't stop...