Chapter Nine

Bella's POV

"Lukas, stop at McDonald's," Caden said to the driver and dressed up a bit, adjusting his tie and pulling his jacket together.

Lukas pulled over in front of the restaurant and Caden came down, smoldering like some god or something. Oh, so typical!

I sighed from the thought of waiting in the car.
At least I wasn't going to spend any more seconds with him.

"YOU are coming with ME!" He yelled and pulled me out of the car roughly. How disrespectful! Gosh!

"Can you at least give me a heads up before your brain loses it screws? And besides, I don't wanna!" I yelled and folded my arms to my chest, acting like a total brat.

He still pulled me out anyway and then grabbed my waist, whispering, "We're married, remember?" tugging me in with a fake smile and gritted teeth. "So darling, act like it," he completed his statement and loosened his grip on my waist a bit.

He smirked as he turned to me and then turned it to a charming smile that totally swept me off my feet. He can be cute at times. Rarely.

Those smiles were obviously fake, but they sized my breath while they lasted. He grabbed my hand and led me to the restaurant, sliding a hand behind my waist.

We sat at the table and had most eyes staring at us. I guessed it as normal among celebrities but I was afraid I could get a panic attack at some point.

We ordered and got our food in no time. I was starving.

The place was so quiet and Caden didn't say a word. At least thank God! I could've cringed my way to the ICU.

I ate the food like I hadn't had something to eat in years. Stuffing my mouth with the burger and ketchup, making a bit of a mess as I had ketchup all over my hands and the burger in the worst shape. Okay, a whole ton of mess.

"Where are your manners!" Caden whispered with gritted teeth and a fake smile.

"In my pockets," I replied cheesily with a chuckle.

He rolled his eyes and buried his face under his palms. Soon enough, we were done and set to go. After the hell of drama I pulled.

"You've got a little something on your lip," he said and grabbed a serviette, heading for my trembling lips.

"I can do it myself," I insisted and grabbed another serviette, trying to prevent anything from happening. Anything like a kiss perhaps or me just going dumb for how romantic he acted.

"No. let me," he insisted sternly and cleaned it off gently, his eyes staring into mine in a magical fantasy. I said it. I just knew that would happen. Cliché much....

Okay, he was acting really charming and cute , but it had to stop. Before my brain finally melted.

Let's just say it was something called acting and he was a king in the game rather than a pawn. That was all to it and that was all there was ever gonna be.

°°°°°°°°°°

"Miss Mercedes - We love you!" They yelled in excitement. The cheer was deafening as I felt my ear drums pound in pain, my eyes getting dizzy.

"We love you so much. You are our star!"

"Please sign the autograph!"

Autograph? Jeez! I completely forgot that would happen. I couldn't forge Mercedes's signature. I didn't even know what her signature looked like.

The press was there. The cameras, my fans, Miss Banks, and of course, my bodyguards were there. Was it a wedding ceremony, a bazaar or something?

The Kensington's, Mamasita and Papi were also there. I just prayed for my soon to be departed soul. Rest in peace, Arabela Leah Allegra.