58. You thought you were free?

Not proof read 💕🧚‍♀️✨

Third person;
Eren woke up to the sound of the shower. He glanced over at the alarm clock ... 6:30am. Of course he's up at this time. Now he was awake, he thought there's obviously no reason to go back to sleep. Plus going back to sleep meant he'd only be spending less time with his mate.

It had only been a day since Levi received his full memories, but Eren felt like every second he didn't spend with Levi was a second that everything could go wrong again. That their happiness will be ripped from them once again.

He got out of bed, realising he was naked. Of course. He pulled one of Levi's shirts over his head, with it covering everything down to his mid-thigh. He grabbed some boxers, putting them on as he entered the bathroom where Levi was showering.

He turned to face the mirror, moving his hand towards the side of his neck to scratch it. As he did, a sudden tingling sensation overwhelmed his body. His knees gave way at the feeling, with him falling to the floor with a thud.

"Eren?"

Levi got out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his waist before moving towards Eren to help him up. He tried to ignore the new and improved intoxicating scent Eren gave off.

"I see you've discovered how powerful the mark of the demon hound is."

He chuckled lightly as Eren gave him his classic 'fuck off' look before he turned to face the mirror again.

On the side of his neck was a black crescent moon on top of a red crescent moon. In the middle of the two moons were two black angel wings, the black signifying a fallen angel, as some would call it.

Eren smiled as he admired the mark, hypnotised by the beauty of it.

"It's beautiful, Levi. Thank you, for everything."

"Then it's the perfect mark for my beautiful mate."

Eren blushed at Levi's comment. Realising this, Levi smirked, raising a brow. "Like what you hear?"

"Shutup, dick."

Levi growled hearing Eren's words. "Watch your tone, sweetheart. Or I won't be so gentle next time."

Eren rolled his eyes, which didn't go unnoticed by Levi.

"I mean it, omega," Levi warned.

Eren giggled slightly, "try me, daddy," before walking out the room with a smug smile on his face. As he walked out, he heard Levi growl once again, and the bathroom door shut.

____

Eren;
I left Levi alone, because he's probably 'doing his business', as Armin would say.

Armin.

I wonder how he's doing? He didn't come here when Mikasa arrived ... does he still think I'm dead? Does he know anything at all? I wanted to tell him everything. Let him know everything. He was my best friend. He deserved to know, and I also know he'd still love me no matter how much of a monster I've become.

I made a mental note to ask Mikasa about Armin. I missed him so much, and I wanted to see him. Maybe I could bring him to my realm? We can continue growing up together ... even though I won't age. But it would be nice to have a friend again. I can't remember the last time I felt like I could open up to and trust someone other than Levi.

Things were so different now. I'm literally a vampire? And a werewolf? I'm a powerful vampire might I add. Levi was too, but he doesn't know. There's a chance he'll never wake up. We'll never rule our vampire kingdom again, and live amongst our people as a community. I still felt like there's pieces of information I'm missing? Like my knowledge is very slowly fading from my mind. I'm sure it's nothing.

The sound of glass breaking pulled me out of the heart to heart I was having with myself.

I called out to whoever had made the sound, concerned for their safety. "Is everything okay? Do you need help?"

No response.

The sound emerged again, only this time it sounded closer. I began walking towards the kitchen, as that was my first suspicion of where the sound was coming from.

When I did reach the kitchen, I froze. My heart dropped to my feet. My eyes began to sting. Terror, anger and guilt overwhelmed me.

"Perfect. My little distraction caught your attention. Luckily no one else could hear, as there's no better hearing than that of a true blood, like you."

The sound of their voice made me tremor. I wanted to run, but I refuse to be the coward I used to be.

"Wha- why...how?"

They chucked in response to my baffling.

"Oh yes, I should probably explain the whole 'how I'm here story'. You really thought he killed me? You really thought I'd let the man who killed my wife, kill me too? You thought you were free? No. Magic exists. I exchanged a vile of a serum for a protection spell. I knew he was coming, I'm no fool. You on the other hand, are. You thought you were safe, boy."

Boy.

That one word filled me with such dread and bad memories that I didn't want to remember.

"Don't try mind linking your monster of a mate. I'll kill him if you do. I suggest you use that angel hound ability and mask your scent, too."

I silently obeyed, bowing my head in submission. The man clearly wasn't aware that the demon hound, my mate, could detect masked scents. Either way, Levi would know something was wrong...wouldn't he?

"Whatever you want, you can have it. Then leave my kingdom."

Guess it was time to start acting like a queen. It was time to start protecting Levi. My friends. This kingdom.

"Why would I listen to you? Maybe I want to stay a little. Get to know the man who killed Carla, and tried to kill me."

My blood boiled at his accusation made against Levi. His pack killed mom, not him. Levi apologised countless times. He didn't deserve the blame.

"Why are you here, father?"

He chuckled at the name, before edging closer to me. He looked me up a down with disgust painting his face. His hand reached up to grip my shirt in his hands. He roughly pulled me close to him, before sneering at me.

"I want you dead."