49. Haunted by the past, present and future.

haunted
/ˈhɔːntɪd/
adjective
Signs of mental anguish or torment

Eren;

"I don't remember you. If you were important, I'd remember you."

"No! You can't just forget me like this! What happened to loving each other until the end, Levi? What happened to us saving the world together?"

"There is no us! I don't know who you are."

"Please Levi, please remember me. Come back to me baby."

I walked over to him, softly placing my hand on his cheek.

"Please, remember me."

"Wake up, before you fall further into this nightmare you call love."

I jolted up quickly, only to find Levi looking worriedly at me.

"I— you— Levi?"

"Sh, it okay Eren. I'm here. Just go back to sleep, okay?"

"But I—."

"Sleep."
___

I woke to the sound of a gentle snore beside me. I looked over to my right, seeing the person I least expected to see asleep on the floor next to my bed.

"Levi?"

A slight ruffle of the blanket was heard. Levi wiped his eyes groggily before sitting up and looking at me.

"Oh, good morning. How'd you sleep after that nightmare?"

Nightmare?

"I didn't have a nightmare. What are you talking about?"

"Eren, I woke up to you crying and practically screaming muttering "please remember me please". I think you did have a nightmare."

I don't remember that...why am I forgetting things?

"Oh, yeah. Maybe I did. Sorry."

___

Location : Realm 1 (the original)
Time : 11:36 am

Third person POV

It was a normal day for the employees of Ackerman Official. Their boss was never around, they just assumed he was on a business trip or with Eren. Erwin ran the place when Levi wasn't around, since he was the 'second in command' at Ackerman Official.

It was a normal day for the employees of Ackerman official, until Erwin received the voicemail.

"Erwin, it's hanji. Sorry we've gone for so long. Boss isn't okay. He was shot by a demon, and now he's forgotten everything. Eren, in particular. He remembers me, and he's beginning to remember you. Gather the team, I'll gather mine in this realm. There's a cabin in the woods with a portal directly to us next to it. Bring the equipment. This is a top secret mission. I mean it. Don't reply to this voicemail. Don't call me back. We cannot be traced. We have to eliminate the enemy. We don't know who it is yet, but we assume Eren & Levi's mother's have something to do with it. See you soon."

Ackerman official was on lock down. Once employees heard of the news, some were angry, some were upset. Angry and upset wolves were not good to be around. Erwin himself had to keep composure, but his anger was the strongest.

"Mikasa, gather your strongest. Meet by the cabin."

___

Weeks had passed since the demon hound had lost his memory. Eren was beginning to dissociate. He'd forget little details. Hanji would ask him to grab something and he'd return a few minutes later asking what she'd wanted.

There'd been no sign of Carla and Kuchel not the person they were working for. Everything was quiet. But everyone knew they were preparing for war.

This wasn't just a war. It was a personal war. It was driven by so much emotion, so much hatred. Deceit and anger. But who would come out on top?

The demon and angel hound? Or the women who'd created them?